Windows 10: Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

Discus and support Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise?? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise?? I have gone through so many You tubes and forums and tutorials but unable to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by sunandoghosh, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

I have gone through so many You tubes and forums and tutorials but unable to do successfully. All i want is to virtualise my existing lenovo laptop which is UEFI GPT and Windows 10 Pro. Tried Disk2VHD etc.
    Everywhere it covers MBR conversion but nowhere it seems i am able to find successful conversion or virtualization from Physical to virtual on Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo ?

Any one who has done it successfully and detaild steps available?

Why I dont want to create a empty VM and install OS because so many softwares are installed on my c and therefore I need VM environment for testing with current settings?

Pls help

:)

sunandoghosh, Sep 2, 2017

2. Dualboot win 10 with win 7 problem with SSD

are you trying to install WIndows 7 32 bit? only Windows 7 64 bit is supported to be installed on GPT disk. if so try a 64 bit Windows 7 ISO.

boot into BIOS to see if there is a Legacy and UEFI mode. most of the UEFI computers have this boot mode. I also found this article www.disk-partition.com/articles/selected-disk-is-gpt-partition-style.html

Youngwarlord, Sep 2, 2017
  3. No Sound Windows 10

Immediately after upgrading to Windows 10, my laptop Lenovo T420 sound (speakers & microphone) stopped working. My previous operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Please help.

clearcoolsport, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Sep 2, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    One thing to bear in mind, the maximum size of the vhd you create has to be smaller than the free space on the drive containing the VHD even if the actual VHD size is currently smaller than the current free space.

cereberus, Sep 2, 2017
  6. Thank you somehow i missed Apologies...I followed all steps but i am getting below error after adding dVD drive and windows iso

Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise?? [​IMG]

Hyper-V~_____________________________________
    Uirtual Machine Boot Summary
    1. SCSI DUD (0.0) No x64-based UEFI boot loader was found.
    2. Network Adapter (00155D4B370B) The network media is disconnected.
    3. SCSI Disk (0,0) No UEFI-compatible file system was found.
    No operating system was loaded. Press a key to retry the boot sequence...
    Note: Configuration changes may require the uirtual machine to be reset.

Tried multiple times recreated VDHX but stuck at above error...even google searches did not help much..

Kindly guide...

7. yes ensured that especially after you pointed out..thx

8. Kari Win User

Are you sure you read the whole tutorial? You can see this in Part Three, step 3.1:

... and then starting from step 3.2 the instructions about how to make it bootable.

Kari, Sep 2, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    One way to create vm is to make an image backup of current pc using Macrium Reflect Free. Then create a vhd (smaller) and attach to host pc. Restore image backup to vhd (C drive will be shrunk to fit).

Then detach vhd, create vm (generation 2) type, and select the vhd as the drive.

cereberus, Sep 2, 2017
  10. With due respect this error was different. I followed the steps.

This is not - No UEFI-compatible file system was found. rather it is No x64-based UEFI boot loader was found

Thank you for your kind guidance.

sunandoghosh, Sep 3, 2017
  11. Thank you. is there a more detailed step by step instructions as I am not technical savvy but end user picking things up after having realized recently power of VM?

sunandoghosh, Sep 3, 2017
  12. cereberus Win User
    @Kari has written a great tutorial on how to use Macrium - just look in tutorial section.

Creating a vhd is obvious from disk management - select create vhd option.

Creating a new hyper-v vm using an existing hard drive is pretty obvious. @ Kari has written another great tutorial how to create hyper-v vms. Only difference instead of selecting a new vhd, you choose an existing one.

It would take me longer to show you rather than you reading @Kari's great tutorials here - nothing better on web anywhere.

cereberus, Sep 3, 2017
  13. Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

Thank you for guiding as being a newbie i might have missed these things though may be pretty obvios. thanks from my heart sir

sunandoghosh, Sep 5, 2017
  14. As guided I went through all relevant tutorials by Kari and first I must bow for his effort put for creating such detailed documentation.

So I tried using ViBoot to create VM from Macrium image. However I have one clarification to seek and request help.

Background:
    I have two hard disks in my laptop. The second hard disk is replcament of CD/dvd bay.

Disk 1 is on UEFI having default created partitions and three data partitions. Disk two has just two data partitions.

The disk management layout is shown as per attachment.

When I created macrium image i only selected system partitions as sugggested by macrium which excluded data partitions.

However when I used viboot to create vm; while the vm gets created but before that i get follwing messages.

Why do i get such messages when i never imaged them.

Although I can bypass this but why it pops up.

Moreover I believe this is creating issue when i try to install some sofwtare on VM and then apply changes. The process takes huge time as it tries to apply changes to these data partitions as well.

Kindly clarify and how to avoid.

sunandoghosh, Sep 5, 2017
  15. cereberus Win User
    You are overcomplicating things really using viboot.

If you just create a blank virtual hard drive from disk management and initialise as GPT driv, then you can simply restore macrium backup image to that drive.

Once restored, detach vhd.

Then simply create new vm in hyper-v and connect to that drive.

cereberus, Sep 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise?? - Similar Threads - Bit Professional UEFI

2. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue: I'm having an issue with my Windows 7 machine where it will not support 1080p144 over DisplayPort, and it won't even include a menu to change the refresh rate entirely. Nothing I've tried works I've searched every corner of Control Panel, reinstalled drivers, the whole suite...
  3. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit DisplayPort Issue: I'm having an issue with my Windows 7 machine where it will not support 1080p144 over DisplayPort, and it won't even include a menu to change the refresh rate entirely. Nothing I've tried works I've searched every corner of Control Panel, reinstalled drivers, the whole suite...
  4. Touchpad in laptop : windows 10 64 bit lenovo G 50-80 series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad in laptop : windows 10 64 bit lenovo G 50-80 series: I am not able to see mice and pointing devices option in device manager and also my touchpad , left and right clicks not working. Can any say what happened and how to resolve. for typing this , i have used a usb mouse. I usually see synaptics pointing graph icon on...
  5. Wi fi Issue on Lenovo Yoga Laptop with Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi fi Issue on Lenovo Yoga Laptop with Windows 10 64 bit: I had issues related to the Blue screen coming after I went on the upgraded Windows 10. I was well advised in this forum to downgrade by wifi driver which I did. The link to this issue is in...
  6. 64 bit Windows 10 on old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit Windows 10 on old laptop: Hi there, My dad has 2 old Dell Latitude E5500 laptops sitting around. Hes been using one of them for years and the other one has barely been used and wants to switch over to that one because the other one is starting to fail. So I'm dialing in the barely used one but I'm...
  7. STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT errors on SMB2 with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit: I have been trying to debug a performance issue with a legacy application at a small retail shop I support. The shop has 5 systems running Windows 10 Professional, a "server" that is 64-bit, 2 stations both 64-bit and 2 other stations both 32 bit. The shop runs a legacy...
  8. GPT Protective Partition. Moved 6TB SATA drive from Windows 7 64 bit to Window 10 64 bit

GPT Protective Partition. Moved 6TB SATA drive from Windows 7 64 bit to Window 10 64 bit: Hi I hope someone can help me. I have a Western Digital Black 6TB SATA hard drive that has been formatted as a single large partition with GPT on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC. It is not a boot drive. I want to move the drive to different PC which has 64 bit Windows 10....
  9. WINDOW 10 64 Bit Drivers for LENOVO G500

WINDOW 10 64 Bit Drivers for LENOVO G500: The Current configuration of my laptop is LENOVO G500, WINDOW 7 Ultimate 32 Bit Processor: Intel (R) core (TM) i5-3230M L: CPU@2.60 GHz 2.60GHz Ram 4 GB Hi I Want to Install the Window 10 1607 English x64 On my LENOVO LAPTOP G500. Problem is Lenovo till Now, not released...
  10. Upgrade from W7 64-bit uefi/gpt to w10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from W7 64-bit uefi/gpt to w10: Please help! I have an Asus N46VM with w7 home premium 64-bit uefi/gpt. If I accept the offer of free upgrade, will it be in 64-bit and uefi/gpt automatically? 56003