Windows 10: Windows 10 64-bit specs requirement

Discus and support Windows 10 64-bit specs requirement in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can my PC run or can it update to windows 10, 64-bit?? Here's my specs: Intel Pentium E5800 Dual-core 3.2ghz x64-based cpu 4GB Ram ddr3 500GB HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidDeeehwa, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 64-bit specs requirement

Can my PC run or can it update to windows 10, 64-bit??

Here's my specs:

Intel Pentium E5800 Dual-core 3.2ghz x64-based cpu

4GB Ram ddr3

500GB HDD

Intel DG41WV mobo

My system only runs at 32-bit OS.

:)

DavidDeeehwa, Jul 17, 2020

2. "Windows 64-bit Is Required"

Whenever I try to download a application that requires 64-bit Windows, A message pops up after it is all done downloading saying that "windows 64-bit is required". I checked many of times to see if my system is windows 64-bit, and it is a 64-bit system.
    What do I do?

KingSkewer, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Netbook, 64-bit or 32-bit?

The only real test would be trying 32 bit Windows 10 and seeing if it ends up being faster in practice [a test that would take quite a bit of your limited time].

I get the impression that you are aware that
    2GB RAM are required for the 64 bit version
    whereas a minimum of 1GB is required for the 32 bit version. So your choice is between

• getting the benefit of 64 bit processing but limited by the invalid RAM size, or
    • foregoing the 64 bit processing benefit in order to fulfil the minimum RAM requirement.

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 17, 2020
  4. ROKOREK Win User

Windows 10 64-bit specs requirement

PrefetchW requirement for Windows 10 64 bit.

Thank you for your response. I am unfamiliar with using message boards (?) and have only now figured out how to respond to you. The app Coreinfo was quite useful for learning specs and features. So, my CPU does not support PrefetchW so Windows 8.1 64
    bit and Windows 10 64 bit are incompatible but I do not understand why as I have read many accounts of the Pentium 4 being capable of running Windows 10 64 bit and the Pentium D is a essentially a dual core Pentium 4 but Windows 10 64 bit is incompatible with
    it. Windows 7 64 bit and several 64 bit versions of Linux run quite well on it. In fact the 64 bit version of Windows 7 runs faster and smoother than the 32 bit version.

Anyway, thanks for your response to what has become a frustrating situation.

ROKOREK, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 64-bit specs requirement

1. Windows 10 64-bit specs requirement - Similar Threads - bit specs requirement

2. Requirement of windows10 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requirement of windows10 64 bit OS: I am using laptop with IntelR PentiumR CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz,2100Mhz,2 cores, 2 Logical processors . It comes with windows 7 professional 32 bit OS. Now I want windows 10 64 bit OS to be installed. Is it possible?...
  3. Requirement of windows10 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Requirement of windows10 64 bit OS: I am using laptop with IntelR PentiumR CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz,2100Mhz,2 cores, 2 Logical processors . It comes with windows 7 professional 32 bit OS. Now I want windows 10 64 bit OS to be installed. Is it possible?...
  4. Requirement of windows10 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit: I cannot access my photographs from file explorer. When I try to download a profile photograph for Mecargi. It takes me to file explorer and the Photos program on my applications page is not accessible. When I open it through the apps page the pathway is Photos- it gives no...
  6. PrefetchW requirement for Windows 10 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PrefetchW requirement for Windows 10 64 bit.: Hello. I have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit several times but my processor does not support PrefetchW. Supposedly 64 bit Windows 10 runs on Pentium 4s and I have an admittedly ancient Pentium D. It runs Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate just fine but refuses to install...
  7. "Windows 64-bit Is Required"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows 64-bit Is Required": Whenever I try to download a application that requires 64-bit Windows, A message pops up after it is all done downloading saying that "windows 64-bit is required". I checked many of times to see if my system is windows 64-bit, and it is a 64-bit system. What do I do?...
  8. "Windows 64-bit Is Required"

"Windows 64-bit Is Required": Whenever I try to download a application that requires 64-bit Windows, A message pops up after it is all done downloading saying that "windows 64-bit is required". I checked many of times to see if my system is windows 64-bit, and it is a 64-bit system. What do I do?...
  9. "Windows 64-bit Required"

"Windows 64-bit Required": Whenever I try to download a application that requires 64-bit Windows, A message pops up after it is all done downloading saying that "windows 64-bit is required". I checked many of times to see if my system is windows 64-bit, and it is a 64-bit system. What do I do?...
  10. 64 BIT driver required for generic microscope

64 BIT driver required for generic microscope: Hi All Can anyone recommend a 64 bit driver for a microscope bought on ebay, the windows 7 32 bit driver works ok on 32 bit windows 10 but the driver disk doesnt contain 64 bit drivers, any ideas? Tim 70825