Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After a recent virus I can't use my Windows defender. It no longer works, I tried to use start-up repair tools in Windows 10 (64 bit), and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AgouraSteve, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled

Hello, After a recent virus I can't use my Windows defender. It no longer works, I tried to use start-up repair tools in Windows 10 (64 bit), and they will not complete and make no changes to the system.

I tried to use system restore tool. That will not complete and makes no change to the system.

Something is still pretty off even though everything else appears flawless.

I am worried about re-installing since I have these "hidden" issues.

Any thoughts how to uninstall/reinstall windows defender? Or to reinstall Windows 10 without my key? This was a Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10, I used the magical jellybean tool to discover my windows 10 key and it only gives me the windows 7 key, so I feel stuck with no solution other than to buy a new key and create a new partition and install a new windows to that.

I can't think of any way to repair my current windows.

:)

AgouraSteve, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled :)

3. W1zzard Win User
    Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Mar 12, 2019
  4. gasolin Win User

Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Why Gdallsk ?

It's just creators fall (i think) that has given me some problems.

Making a dvd or usb drive once every year isn't that hard, find latest iso burn it, go out and make a cup of coffee og take a bath and when your done latest windows 10 64 iso is on a usb drive or dvd and you can reinstall windows 10 64 bit in about 10 min

gasolin, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled

1. Windows 10 64 bit windows defender no longer functions. Can it be reinstalled - Similar Threads - bit defender longer

2. Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit: I cannot access my photographs from file explorer. When I try to download a profile photograph for Mecargi. It takes me to file explorer and the Photos program on my applications page is not accessible. When I open it through the apps page the pathway is Photos- it gives no...
  3. Can a 32 bit display run 64 bit windows 10???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a 32 bit display run 64 bit windows 10???: I have asked this because i am facing display lag by installing windows 10 pro 64 bit in my laptop...... Or there is some another problem please tell Display-32 bit ,60 herts refresh rate..... laptop-Dell inspiron 15 3541 with 4gb ram and amd a6 6310 processor with amd...
  4. windows 10 64 bit

windows 10 64 bit: hello , I have P5G41T-MLX V2 xeon x 5460 4GB RAM , GTX 750 TI , I wont install windows 10 64 bit (I have 2 reason for this , 4 gb ram , and 64bit bassed processor , but when im trying to install windows 10 64 bit version , I just restart pc pres f8 (boot menu ) choose...
  5. Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: In order to get the MS Edge browser back with the top sites links will I have to do a total reformat & then install a new copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit? 134004
  6. Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: In order to get the MS Edge browser back with the top sites links will I have to do a total reformat & then install a new copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit? 134004
  7. Cant access my Defender for windows 10 64-bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant access my Defender for windows 10 64-bit: I noticed out of the blue I am now unable to open my Virus & Threat protection located in control panel. It says "your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" in red and I cant change it. I have run malwarebytes and it has not found any malware or viruses....
  8. Can`t Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10

Can`t Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10: I tried upgrading my notebook/tablet pc from 32-bit to 64-bit windows 10. But it won`t boot from my usb. I checked if its compatible and followed the steps, but I didn`t get the windows "install now" option....
  9. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  10. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional: Good Wednesday morning - The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10 environment does not allow for basic functions such as taskbar, web browsing, right-click desktop, click on Edge or...