Windows 10: Windows 10 64 cannot create shared wifi network that will work with ROKU Premium

Discus and support Windows 10 64 cannot create shared wifi network that will work with ROKU Premium in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a WIFI connection in fact I just purchased an new Linksys Wi-Fi Micro USB Adapter. Attached to Intel I5-3750k Processor and ASRock Z77 extreme6.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeGRodriguez9614, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 64 cannot create shared wifi network that will work with ROKU Premium

I have a WIFI connection in fact I just purchased an new Linksys Wi-Fi Micro USB Adapter. Attached to Intel I5-3750k Processor and ASRock Z77 extreme6.

I have tried everything on the web on youtube to create a media server and verify I have Verified I have an active WIFI connection. But when I restart my PC the connection is gone.

I have tried advanced Sharing Options, Network and Sharing Center. Nothing works.

I used to see my PC on the "This PC" File manager under network locations. Now all that is there is "My Web Sites on MSN" and a Link I created that I thought would allow access to my Video File on my PC. But Roku does not show them.

Under my Sony Blu Ray DVD Player I get A Media Server Link. But it says it has to warm up. But nothing Happens.

Can anybody help me.

Thanks

Joe

:)

JoeGRodriguez9614, Nov 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 locks up trying to connect to Roku

th

bhoovankhettry, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 locks up trying to connect to Roku

Old post but hopefully I can help new people that visit this thread looking for answers.

The first and easiest to fix problem that can cause the freezing (or just simply not connecting) is improper configurations. Let's make sure that both your Roku and computer are properly configured to say hi to each other. Here's how in windows 10.

NOTE: Make sure your Roku and Computer are connected to the same network.

NOTE: This is recommend for trusted networks only.

ROKU

• From the home screen, open Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Screen Mirroring
    • Highlight Enable Screen Mirroring and press the OK button. (a check mark should be beside
      Enable Screen Mirroring)
    Windows 10 (Should apply to Windows 8.1 also)

-While connected to the Wifi you intend on using

• Click the Windows b
    • Click the Windows menu key in the lower left corner of your computer screen.
    • Click Settings
    • Click Network & Internet
    • Click Advanced Options (listed under the wifi networks)
    • Turn "Make this PC Discoverable" on
    • Click the back button at the top left Corner of screen
    • Click Manage Advanced Sharing Settings (listed under the wifi networks)
    • "Current Profile" should be in parenthesis beside private network (if not, stop here and go to the go to * )
    • Click the down arrow beside "Private Network" then follow (click) the next straight forward instructions
    • Turn on network discovery
    • Check mark in Turn on Automatic Discovery of network connected devices
    • Turn on file and printer sharing
    • Allow windows to manage homegroups
    • Click the UP beside "Private Network" to Hide the private network menu
    • Open the "All Networks" menu by clicking the Down arrow beside "All Networks"
    • Turn on sharing so anyone..
    • Use 128-bit...
    • Turn on password protected sharing
    • Save Changes
    • Click "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" on the left side (go back to the Manage Advanced Sharing Settings) screen
    • Reopen the "All Networks" menu and click the link "Choose Media Streaming Options"
    • You should see "Media programs on this PC and remote connections..." (if not then scroll down)
    • Put a check in the box to the right of "Media programs on this PC and remote connections..."
    • Click OK
    *If you have a current profile beside Guest Network then you should check Turn on network discovery and turn on file and printer sharing under the Guest Network menu then continue to number 16 but again
    it is not recommended to enable sharing on public networks such as an Hotel.

You should be able to stream your computer screen to Roku without issue. If not give me a shout.

Hopefully this works for you all.

NvrCaredAtAll, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 64 cannot create shared wifi network that will work with ROKU Premium

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 64 cannot create shared wifi network that will work with ROKU Premium

1. Windows 10 64 cannot create shared wifi network that will work with ROKU Premium - Similar Threads - cannot create shared

2. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network/wifi sharing: I'm trying to share wifi network from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc but I don't know how I could go about that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwifi-sharing/21a9c658-b418-4b21-87f2-ed6f2e09f9e8
  3. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network/wifi sharing: I'm trying to share wifi network from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc but I don't know how I could go about that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwifi-sharing/21a9c658-b418-4b21-87f2-ed6f2e09f9e8
  4. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 64 bits Wifi and Network problem

Windows 64 bits Wifi and Network problem: Hi, does anybody knows how to fix the below Network problem? After I reinstall the windows, either the Wifi or Lan connection is not available. I had reinstall the windows many time or install the driver from intel but both are not working. Please advise the solution so...
  6. How to create Network shares in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Network shares in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Network sharing is a feature that allows resources such as files, documents, folders, media, etc., to be shared over a network. These resources are made […] This article How to create Network shares in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.: Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices. Why is this happening? I didn't change any setting. I tried restarting the router and laptops...
  8. DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK

DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK: I can't share documents on our network connected by wifi. What should be done to fix this? I can only share multimedia files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-sharing-on-a-wifi-network/ca4274a3-02e5-4697-9032-4d66fd01d149
  9. CUSTOMIZE MEDIA SHARING FOR ROKU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CUSTOMIZE MEDIA SHARING FOR ROKU: Hello everyone, I hope you guys can help me and respond quick lol I just bought A Roku device, and I noticed I can stream media from my laptop to the device. but I ALSO noticed the computer had to be on. So I wanted to know if I can "customize sharing" so that when the...
  10. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...