Windows 10: Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear

Discus and support Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 - 64 - Is there any way to change the look of folders such that they will show a "picture" of something included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amma904, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Amma904 Win User

Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear

I'm on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 - 64 - Is there any way to change the look of folders such that they will show a "picture" of something included in the folder? e.g. if you have a folder of birthday pictures, instead of seeing just a yellow folder icon, can you have one of the pictures inside the folder appear as the folder icon? I know you can do this with a MAC computer. I do digital scrapbooking and the designers create a jpg of the items in the kits they produce. I'd like to see the jpg of the kit as the icon for the folder instead of a yellow folder as the icon for the folder. Then, I could "see" what is in the folder without having to open it. (hope this makes sense)

If it's not part of the Microsoft programming, do you know of a safe software program that could accomplish this?

If Microsoft hasn't provided this option yet - it's something on which they should work.

Thank you for any help you can give!!!

:)

Amma904, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear :D

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear

1. Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear - Similar Threads - Change folders appear

2. Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder: When I create a new file in a folder, it doesn't appear in the folder.I have to refresh the folder for the file to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-dont-appear-in-folder-upon-change-in-the/4dfe9904-c46d-4add-9f49-4b1f47b96472
  3. Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder: When I create a new file in a folder, it doesn't appear in the folder.I have to refresh the folder for the file to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-dont-appear-in-folder-upon-change-in-the/4dfe9904-c46d-4add-9f49-4b1f47b96472
  4. how to change folder skins in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change folder skins in windows 10: like if i want to change all of them at once. Like this - https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/2fe49683-a217-4e31-b03a-5ce958b02d93/dagu0wj-b6ecefce-a6e4-41f0-bbd9-04774271c5b2.png i saw a video tutorial on how to download this specific theme but that...
  5. Windows 10 Folders Appearance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Folders Appearance: I have been trying to make all folders appear the same. I want for all folders to have folder navigation on the left and the right side to always display files and folders to be in DETAIL view, where I can click on a file and see a preview of that file on the far right, but...
  6. How to change folder background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change folder background in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are looking for a way to change the folder background in File Explorer of Windows 10, then this shows you the easy way to do it. While Windows 10 allows you to choose the dark theme to add [...] This post How to change folder background in Windows 10...
  7. Change Folders appearance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Folders appearance: What is the best way to change folder appearance, I want a new look in my files and folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-folders-appearance/162e1fd9-d667-4164-8ad6-7fd2efa1a2da"
  8. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...
  9. Windows 10 appearance suddenly changed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 appearance suddenly changed.: I've updated my windows 10 yesterday and it installed a feature update. But that update is not as good as previous one and Microsoft also didn't announced any feature update. So what is that feature update? pic: [ATTACH]...
  10. Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?: This started right after the last update- I have a folder with pics in it, then the folder has created a line in the folder separating my pics, I cant delete this weird line, if I try to upload a pic that is below this line it will not upload cause pic is not there even...