Windows 10: Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.

Discus and support Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reinstall windows 10 a few days ago and because of the issues I had, I wanted to make a drive that would help me with restoring my system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Koolbreeze4201, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.

I had to reinstall windows 10 a few days ago and because of the issues I had, I wanted to make a drive that would help me with restoring my system. I was doing some research and then I went to the disk management and discovered that Windows 10 has already created a 450mb recovery partition.

However, I can't find a clear answer on how I can use this partition to recover my system in the event of another failure.

I have seen mention of hitting F8 while booting but I have not ever been able to make this work. Can anyone help clear up how to use this method of recovery?

:)

Koolbreeze4201, Mar 26, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.

Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.

1. Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question. - Similar Threads - 64bit Home edition

2. Windows 10 home 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home 64bit: My lenovo idea pad running windows 10 home 64bit seems to have crashed. I turn on my laptop, it says diagnosing then it says it cannot repair ayatem and gives me the option to shut off or advanced options. What do i do now???...
  3. Recovery Drive question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Drive question: Hi guys, I have installation media created on a USB flash drive with the Media Creation Tool. My PC is an OEM-Dell but I did away with all the Dell bloatware ages ago. I clean installed using the Media Creation Tool media. In Windows there has always been the option to create...
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition Reset Questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Edition Reset Questions: I am cleaning up my computer to start fresh and yes I have backed up my files to an external drive. I already did a full reset of Windows 10 on my SSD and erased both my SSD and two internal hard drives using Windows's Reset erase feature before reloading Windows. After...
  5. Recovery Drive Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive Question: A couple of questions: 1) I have (3) machines with Windows 10 on them. Will a single recovery drive be usable on all three...if I ever needed it...or do I have to make (3) individual recovery drives? One machine is Windows 10 Home and the others are Pro...if that makes a...
  6. Windows 10 1809 Home Edition support question!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1809 Home Edition support question!?: Hi, As we are all aware, Win10 Home 1809 support ends within the next few months. My question is, will they keep getting security updates through the update utility or will they not? I don't care about the feature updates as I was never interested in beta testing the latest...
  7. windows 10 Home 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Home 64bit: I am having a horrible day! I have been up all night! I was not helped by this answer I had a little different problem about the same thing. If you to settings and reset the apps. It did help. Slowly things have been coming back. Still there are over 60% that were removed....
  8. Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems: I have this problem with Windows 10 Home edition. When I open some basic text file, .srt or .txt for example, it has different encoding than it has when it was saved. It looks like I have wrong default encoding set in Windows because I need to change manually encoding of...
  9. Question about Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Recovery Drive: I have a primary drive which is 500 GB - I would like to split it so that I can use half for OS and half for data. I made a recovery USB (before I split the drive) and I would like to know that if I restore whether the disk partition will go back to how it was when the...
  10. Recovery Drive Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive Question: Is the recovery drive made with my desktop running W10 Pro 64 bit going to work if ever needed for my laptop running W10 Home 64 bit or will I need to create a seperate recovery drive for the laptop as well? If I do need a separate recovery drive for the laptop, can someone...