Windows 10: Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management

Discus and support Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After burning windows 10 image on emmc 64GB hard drive, the hard drive shows that the maximum as 58.2GB. Where did all the 5.8GB go to? I sent down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kopano Matlale, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management

After burning windows 10 image on emmc 64GB hard drive, the hard drive shows that the maximum as 58.2GB. Where did all the 5.8GB go to? I sent down and calculated the bytes and they equaled 61GB. Have I been cheated by the manufacture or not for the hard drive?

:)

Kopano Matlale, Aug 10, 2022

2. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Browsing through the Microsoft Store for a new pc, I see various hard drives listed, such as:

16GB eMMC

32GB eMMC

500GB 5400 RPM HDD

2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

32GB SSD [?]

64GB SSD

I understand that solid state drives are good, though expensive. What I don't understand is what size of an SSD would be the equivalent of, say, a terabyte HD? It seems that 64GB is the largest SSD offered here. What size HDD would equal that capacity?

And, BTW, what is an eMMC?

Grandpa Jim, Aug 10, 2022
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management

1. Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management - Similar Threads - 64GB emmc Hard

2. Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management: After burning windows 10 image on emmc 64GB hard drive, the hard drive shows that the maximum as 58.2GB. Where did all the 5.8GB go to? I sent down and calculated the bytes and they equaled 61GB. Have I been cheated by the manufacture or not for the hard drive?...
  3. Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 64GB emmc Hard drive showing 58.2GB in computer management: After burning windows 10 image on emmc 64GB hard drive, the hard drive shows that the maximum as 58.2GB. Where did all the 5.8GB go to? I sent down and calculated the bytes and they equaled 61GB. Have I been cheated by the manufacture or not for the hard drive?...
  4. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  5. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  6. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  8. External hard drive doesnt show . Right clicking on the drive in Computer Management only...

External hard drive doesnt show . Right clicking on the drive in Computer Management only...: Hi there, I saw an unanswered posts from may 2014 and wanted to ask something. When I go to Computer Management and try to right click on the external hard drive it shows me only 'help' option and nothing else. How can I fix this , what should I do ? I'm currently with...
  9. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  10. Hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Managment" help?

Hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Managment" help?: My hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Management" but is showing under device manager. I got the hard drive from a friend and his dad had put a Password encryption on it. Any Ideas? 60253