Windows 10: Windows 10 64x Pro - Cannot wake from sleep, no graphics output

Discus and support Windows 10 64x Pro - Cannot wake from sleep, no graphics output in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So my problem is that I have upgraded to Windows 10, on a system previously running Windows 7. My system, since Windows 10 has been out, has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CanadianVice, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 64x Pro - Cannot wake from sleep, no graphics output

Hello,

So my problem is that I have upgraded to Windows 10, on a system previously running Windows 7. My system, since Windows 10 has been out, has been unable to wake successfully from sleep.

What happens is that I can "wake" it with the mouse and keyboard, it beeps, revs, all that jazz, but then it hits its idle state and the monitor never detects a signal during this time period. The only way to resume function is to hold the power button and restart.

I contacted Microsoft, and they tried to suggest I pay for support when their OS is responsible for breaking this functionality, not user configuration. I know this, because it didn't work on the vanilla install of Win10 either, despite working flawelessly on 7.

Now, for the details:
    Mobo: Asus P8Z77-M
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x 8-8-8-24 1600mhz
    Intel i5-3570K
    Evga-Build NVIDIA 660ti 2GB DDR5
    PSU: Corsair 650W... can't remember precise make.

What I have tried:
    - Clean install
    - Restore Point
    - Manually setting graphics PCIE in BIOS
    - Win10 Compatible BIOS updates (done with two separate BIOS's post-win10)
    - Chipset Updates (only one Win10 one released)
    - Windows Updates (Current version)
    - All driver Updates
    - Edit Power plans for sleep and Dev Manager enabled virtually all devices with the option to wake the computer
    - Cables switched out, all are functional
    - SFC /scannow

Yea.... so that's where I stand. As you might expect, I'm running out of ideas. Thank you very much for any assistance.

:)

CanadianVice, Dec 30, 2015

2. Sleep not functioning

Ever since the new windows update my computer monito gets no signal after i wake up the pc after sleep. I do not have a graphics card so the PCI is not faulty. When i wake the system up after sleep it revs up but no monitor output. I have to reset the pc
    to obtain an output

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

JohannErasmus007, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Wake up from Sleep is much slower in Windows 10 than Windows 8

Disable your discrete graphics card. That improved my wake from sleep time from 7-8 seconds down to 2 seconds in Windows 10 Pro.

ChrisHsiung, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 64x Pro - Cannot wake from sleep, no graphics output

1. Windows 10 64x Pro - Cannot wake from sleep, no graphics output - Similar Threads - 64x Pro Cannot

2. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 will not wake from sleep: I have executed all tricks that were found on the web but my laptop still goes to sleep and does not wake up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-wake-from-sleep/b32611ba-84fb-49c5-a4f9-b589b557446e
  3. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 will not wake from sleep: I have executed all tricks that were found on the web but my laptop still goes to sleep and does not wake up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-wake-from-sleep/b32611ba-84fb-49c5-a4f9-b589b557446e
  4. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. One monitor will not wake from sleep. Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One monitor will not wake from sleep. Windows 10 Pro: I have just completly reinstalled Windows 10 Pro as a new paid for installation, not the upgrade from Windows 7 I used previously. I have a 3 monitor setup on an AMD Firepro W5100. One AOC 2560 * 1440, a Benq at 2560 * 1440 and a Dell at 1920 * 1200. The AOC refuses to...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly cannot wake from sleep: My Windows 10 desktop suddenly cannot wake from sleep. It goes to sleep fine, but when woken my monitors continue receiving no input. It stays like this for around 2 minutes until the computer than restarts to the BIOS and welcome screen. I haven't been able to pinpoint...
  7. Graphics keep on crashing (on wake from sleep)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics keep on crashing (on wake from sleep): My system is quite new. AMD 3900x, Radeon 5600XT. Fully updated. Monitor 1 - 1920x1200. Monitor 2 - 1920x1080. When I wake my PC from sleeping, the graphics on the 1920x1200 monitor has reverted to 1920x1080. Mon 1 Display Settings doesn't list the 1920x1080. Rebooting...
  8. win 10 pro 64x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 pro 64x: there doesnt seem to be a lot of support for this upgrade, can someone advise the best downgrade option, im not too happy on the windows expirey date neither https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-64x/52b68220-89a3-460c-8f66-cb13e9ee3b67
  9. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  10. cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot wake from sleep: Not sure if this has any bearing on your specific situation......but since the spectre/meltdown exploit, mobo manufacturers have developed a new bios for this. But you have to create a support ticket (especially with Gigabyte) and request the udated bios. They're not...