Windows 10: Windows 10/7 Backup and Restore Feature

Discus and support Windows 10/7 Backup and Restore Feature in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a video of how I make my System Image Backup of Windows 10 version 1803. This video pertains to all versions of Windows 7 and Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Super Tweaker, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10/7 Backup and Restore Feature

I created a video of how I make my System Image Backup of Windows 10 version 1803. This video pertains to all versions of Windows 7 and Windows 10 to-date. Soon we will see Windows 10 version 1809 and the same feature will exist. I do not like to use Set up Backup. I prefer to manually copy my personal files and folders to my Backup Drive. Creating just a System Image of your entire Primary Drive using Windows Backup and Restore is faster and far more reliable in my experience than using "Allow Windows to Choose".

Here is my narrated Video. I hope you all find it helpful. Yes. There are many backup programs but being able to recover Windows 10 by pressing the Shift Key while clicking Restart in Windows 10 Menu is very convenient. I no longer need a third party program for creating simple System Backups.

I highly recommend, and say as much in the video, to ditch hard drives and use solid-state-drives for both the primary drive and the backup drive.

There is a batch file created to clean-up the UI so yours can look as clean as mine does in this video.

My video at YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjWCKdKFas

:)

Super Tweaker, Oct 9, 2018

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Oct 9, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10/7 Backup and Restore Feature

What is -- Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Feature

Hi I'm sure you can research this further yourself, and explore backup strategies.

E.g. (noting these are Win 7/8 based)
    How To Use Backup and Restore in Windows 7
    How To Set Up Restore Feature
    Windows 7 Feature Focus: Backup and Restore | Windows 7 content from SuperSite for Windows
    Windows 8 How do I restore files backed up with Windows 7 - Microsoft Community

You can extrapolate this as appropriate to Win 10, or find ones specifically referring to Win 10.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10/7 Backup and Restore Feature

1. Windows 10/7 Backup and Restore Feature - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Feature

2. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: HiMy Windows is 11 x64 latest version, When I want use Backup and Restore Windows 7, my Drive F: is also selected by default to backup and I can not deselect it why this happed?! I want just backup my drive C: because the backup size is too large with drivce F:...
  3. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: Why does Control Panel Backup and Restore show Windows 7?. I have a desktop with Windows 11 and Microsoft. Am I going to have a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore-windows-7/ffb8d8b9-02e6-40fa-9373-25dd94f803bb
  4. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore: It is my understanding that the Windows 7 Backup and Restore is no longer supported, in Windows 10. It's a shame because this was a simple yet robust backup of a Windows 7 then Windows 10 system.Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will feature backups to an external...
  5. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore: It is my understanding that the Windows 7 Backup and Restore is no longer supported, in Windows 10. It's a shame because this was a simple yet robust backup of a Windows 7 then Windows 10 system.Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will feature backups to an external...
  6. Windows 7 backup & restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 backup & restore: Why do you use Windows 7 for backup & restore? 7 seems so out of date and I'm having a problem with it reading the Flash drive in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backup-restore/188f750b-188d-435d-af8f-159f500286db
  7. Windows 7 backup/restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup/restore: I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help....
  8. Windows 10 backup/restore feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup/restore feature: Hey there! I upgraded and old PC from Windows 7 to 10, recently bought a new one and attempted to restore the previously backed up files of the old PC on the new not to avail. Any assistance? Thanks....
  9. What is -- Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Feature

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What is -- Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Feature: I am running W10 and in the Control Panel there is an application called Backup and Restore (Windows 7). I played with it to see exactly what it was doing and I'm not sure and was hoping someone here may know what it is all about. Firstly, why is it called (Windows 7)? Is...
  10. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7): My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same...