Windows 10: Windows 10/7 trial

Discus and support Windows 10/7 trial in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, anyway I think that I have more chance that windows 10 will find the right drivers for my old hardware instead of windows 7. Isn't it? yes thats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ankiro, Mar 1, 2017.

1. asusG Win User

Windows 10/7 trial

yes thats correct

asusG, Mar 3, 2017
  2. AddRAM Win User

Totally incorrect, W7 has a better chance of having drivers for older hardware then Windows 10, Windows 10 is newer.

AddRAM, Mar 3, 2017
  3. cereberus Win User
    This is wrong.

1) Windows 10 does not really have a trial mode as such. You either run it activated or unactivated. If unactivated, it is fully functioning except you cannot personalise pc. There is presently no expiry date. I do not advocate this really as you never know if an update could introduce an expiry date.

2) Insider versions need activation in same way as normal versions. Free activated versions only applied to original Technical Preview users who remain up to date.

cereberus, Mar 3, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10/7 trial

In the end, it is simply easier to install Windows 10. Installing Windows 7 can be a real PITA. First chakenge is getting an iso as MS site only allows you to get it if you have a retail licence. There is a way to do it from link on this site - not at pc at moment to find link. Then contending with the updates etc which are temperamental but allegedly easier now, coupled with expiry dates anyway.

So try 10 first as it is easier and you can take your time to activate it.

cereberus, Mar 3, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Exactly why I said Shawn would know more on that.

The 1st sentence was about W7.

And I said "I suppose" and "You could" *Smile never said "You can"

And if you can run 10 unactivated to test it out, I would certainly call that a trial period. (we all know it`s not actually called a Trial period, you can call it whatever you want.)

Therefor confirming the fact that the OP does not need a key to "try out" 7 or 10 *Smile

AddRAM, Mar 3, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    I always found the Enterprise trial editions were useful for evaluating compatibility and so on.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...-10-enterprise

I have run (and have been running) W10 32 bit on an old Acer Aspire laptop (10.5 yrs old, AMD Turion +2Gb RAM) and its OK if a little 'disk thrashy' for no apparent reasons. Video drivers were the biggest stumbling block and curiously a wireless card driver that the initial installs deems suitable. That's another story though. You will only know by trying.

Mooly, Mar 3, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    uh
    Actually nowhere does Windows 10 download site refer to a trial. Semantics at the end of the day.

cereberus, Mar 3, 2017
  8. asusG Win User

Windows 10/7 trial

i agree cereberus

asusG, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10/7 trial

1. Windows 10/7 trial - Similar Threads - trial

2. If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...: If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I automatically be enrolled in the free version of iFax? Or do I have to reinstall the app?...
  3. If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...: If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I automatically be enrolled in the free version of iFax? Or do I have to reinstall the app?...
  4. My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...: Last month, I signed up for the first-month free trial of Microsoft's service, but I decided to cancel my subscription before the trial period ended. To my surprise, I noticed a charge on my account this morning for a yearly subscription fee, despite having canceled the...
  5. My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...

My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...: Last month, I signed up for the first-month free trial of Microsoft's service, but I decided to cancel my subscription before the trial period ended. To my surprise, I noticed a charge on my account this morning for a yearly subscription fee, despite having canceled the...
  6. I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95...

I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95...: I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95 every month. I'd like it stopper and a refund paid to me for all unauthorized payments...
  7. I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95...: I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95 every month. I'd like it stopper and a refund paid to me for all unauthorized payments...
  8. MS Project Free Trial Period

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Project Free Trial Period: Hi,I just registered with Project Plan 1. I received an invoice which said I will be charged in two days.Don't I have a one month free trial period?Thank you.Enrique *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. MS Project Free Trial Period

MS Project Free Trial Period: Hi,I just registered with Project Plan 1. I received an invoice which said I will be charged in two days.Don't I have a one month free trial period?Thank you.Enrique *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Can Windows 11 Pro key be used to update/activate PC with Windows Home Trial version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 11 Pro key be used to update/activate PC with Windows Home Trial version: I saw some discussion here pertaining to this subject, but I did understand if it would work for a PC with Windows Home Trail version installed, which is NOT activated. I have a new PC coming in a few weeks-- it will come with a version of Windows described as "Windows Home...