Windows 10: Windows 10/7 trial

Discus and support Windows 10/7 trial in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys I have an old pc with windows XP. I would like to install windows 10 or windows 7 but I want to check if it has some hardware compatibility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ankiro, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ankiro Win User

Windows 10/7 trial

Hello guys I have an old pc with windows XP. I would like to install windows 10 or windows 7 but I want to check if it has some hardware compatibility issue before to buy a license. So I would like to know if is possible to install windows 10 and/or windows 7 without a cd-key for a trial.

:)

Ankiro, Mar 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade

Yes, you will need valid product key for Windows 7, but if you want to use Windows 7 as upgrade path, the trick it to upgrade to trial version of Windows 7 and make sure you will upgrade to Windows 10 before trial is expired and make sure you have valid
    Windows 10 product key. In this case, you don't need to purchase Windows 7 product key and you will use trial key which is free.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Vuown Win User
    Activation of windows 10 with windows 7 home premium account.

For a year I used windows 10 pro for a trial and now trial is over. Can i reactivate windows 10 with my windows 7 home premium product key?

Vuown, Mar 1, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10/7 trial

Windows 10, yes. Just click the link during install that says "I don't have a product key". Here's where to get Windows 10:

Windows 10 ISO Download

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @Ankiro

Yes, you can install Windows 10 without a key. Click 'I don't have one' when asked. It will install, but a few options are disabled until activated. You can't set the wallpaper and the desktop will have a watermark to say 'not activated'. You should still get the updates. You can purchase a key and activate it later if you find it works for you.

Windows 7 is more restrictive, apparently. After a 30 day trial you'll no longer get updates.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-a7603611d1f3

Bree, Mar 1, 2017
  7. Ankiro Win User
    Thanks, and If I discover that windows 10 isn't compatible, can I do the same thing with windows 7?

Ankiro, Mar 1, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10/7 trial

I don't believe so, I think you have to enter the product key to start the install process.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2017
  9. Ankiro Win User
    Ok, anyway I think that I have more chance that windows 10 will find the right drivers for my old hardware instead of windows 7. Isn't it?

Ankiro, Mar 1, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You'd be surprised what Windows 10 can run on...

Giving up on Windows!

11. AddRAM Win User
    You do not have to enter a key during any Windows install, you have 30 days, and even that can be extended.

Run the upgrade advisors that Berton has posted.

AddRAM, Mar 1, 2017
  12. AddRAM Win User
    No, just the opposite.

AddRAM, Mar 1, 2017
  13. kado897 Win User

Windows 10/7 trial

You can extend the 30 day trial up to three times with the command slmgr -rearm in an elevated command session.

kado897, Mar 1, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just to be clear, there is no 30-day limited trial on Windows 10 Home or Pro. I've always had a product key for Windows 7, so I don't know about it Windows 10/7 trial :)

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2017
  15. AddRAM Win User
    Exactly, but you can use it for 30 days before you have to activate it, and as mentioned that can be extended.

And I suppose if you joined the Insider Program now, you could run W10.

Brink would know more on that.

AddRAM, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10/7 trial

1. Windows 10/7 trial - Similar Threads - trial

2. cannot install Project level 3 trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install Project level 3 trial: I signed up for trial version of Project level 3.I am using MS365 on a chrome bookI get a message that I can start the trial and then nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-project-level-3-trial/bcaff7a9-19d2-4193-bc3b-0b6fc6381f49
  3. cannot install Project level 3 trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install Project level 3 trial: I signed up for trial version of Project level 3.I am using MS365 on a chrome bookI get a message that I can start the trial and then nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-project-level-3-trial/bcaff7a9-19d2-4193-bc3b-0b6fc6381f49
  4. I have bedrock edition, but i only get trial on my launcher.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bedrock edition, but i only get trial on my launcher.: I am using the correct Microsoft store account and Minecraft Microsoft account as well both of which are my dad's. Now, when I download Minecraft from the launcher bedrock edition it just gives me the trial even though I 100 percent own the whole thing I've been playing...
  5. I have bedrock edition, but i only get trial on my launcher.

I have bedrock edition, but i only get trial on my launcher.: I am using the correct Microsoft store account and Minecraft Microsoft account as well both of which are my dad's. Now, when I download Minecraft from the launcher bedrock edition it just gives me the trial even though I 100 percent own the whole thing I've been playing...
  6. If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...: If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I automatically be enrolled in the free version of iFax? Or do I have to reinstall the app?...
  7. If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...

If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I...: If I cancel my 7 day free trial of iFax Plus within the free trial period, will I automatically be enrolled in the free version of iFax? Or do I have to reinstall the app?...
  8. My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...: Last month, I signed up for the first-month free trial of Microsoft's service, but I decided to cancel my subscription before the trial period ended. To my surprise, I noticed a charge on my account this morning for a yearly subscription fee, despite having canceled the...
  9. My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...

My trial subscription expired but I was charged for the bill after that despite cancelling...: Last month, I signed up for the first-month free trial of Microsoft's service, but I decided to cancel my subscription before the trial period ended. To my surprise, I noticed a charge on my account this morning for a yearly subscription fee, despite having canceled the...
  10. I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95...

I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95...: I have a recurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft. Free Trial ms.bill for $18.95 every month. I'd like it stopper and a refund paid to me for all unauthorized payments...