Windows 10: Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French

Discus and support Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to use the Convert Ink to Text Option in my OneNote app, for the moment I have this error message : [ATTACH] So I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marie_FR, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Marie_FR Win User

Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French

Hi,

I would like to use the Convert Ink to Text Option in my OneNote app, for the moment I have this error message :

Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French 8186c9f8-abe0-4592-a0b7-71a545d531d7?upload=true.png

So I went to Settings > Time & Language

Two languages are set as preferred languages > English US and French.

Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French 002ed573-7981-468f-b570-554cc3e62094?upload=true.png

The Handwriting option is available only for English US and I don't have the option to download it for the French language.

Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French aa4aa7de-46f8-4ef2-a980-67554558ccd3?upload=true.png

Anyone can help me ?

Many thanks,

:)

Marie_FR, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Damien.92 Win User

Handwriting recognition option greyed in French, not in English

Hello,

The handwriting recognition option is greyed on my Windows 10 where my default language is French.

When I switch the input language to English (United States), the handwriting recognition is available and works properly.

I however need to be able to use the French (France) handwriting recognition. I've checked my settings, my default language is indeed French (even though my corporate-issued Windows image is in English), and there is no option that I can find that are related
    to handwriting recognition.

All updates in the Windows Store are installed. In Windows Update, I get the following error message when trying to get updates:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024002e)

In red above:

Some settings are managed by your organization.

I did contact my corporate itsupport, who pointed me to support.microsoft.com, without any further details.

Can anyone advise me on the next step to take?

Thank you in advance!

Damien

Damien.92, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French

Handwriting recognition option greyed in French, not in English

Hi Damien,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you using Windows 10 Enterprise edition?

• Is the computer connected to a domain?

• Are you the administrator of the account?
    If you have installed Enterprise edition of Windows or if the computer is connected to a domain,
    it would be better if you contact the dedicated TechNet team to get better assistance on this issue.

Please click the link given below which helps you to redirect to TechNet forum, where you can post your query.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Or else, you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the language pack and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type region and language on the search bar.
    • Select Region and Language settings and under
      Languages
      , you may find multiple languages installed.
    • Click on the one which you would like to remove and click on
      Remove.
    • After uninstalling the language, you may try installing the French language again and check if that helps.
    I also suggest you to run BITS
    troubleshooter
    and Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue regardind th Windows update.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    • Once finished with the BITS troubleshooter, now run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French

1. Windows 10 _ Handwriting option for French - Similar Threads - Handwriting option French

2. No in French

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No in French: HelloI've got a Surface Pro, since migrated from win10 to 11, I cannot use fully some website the website considers that I'm on mobile device, because I get error that this site isn't designed for mobile. I checked with several up to dated browser Brave, Edge, Chrome,...
  3. No in French

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No in French: HelloI've got a Surface Pro, since migrated from win10 to 11, I cannot use fully some website the website considers that I'm on mobile device, because I get error that this site isn't designed for mobile. I checked with several up to dated browser Brave, Edge, Chrome,...
  4. Windows Store in French!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store in French!!!!: Out of the blue, even when my Windows is set in English, the Microsoft store and every app I download is in french, please HELP!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-in-french/9c43f536-6cb0-4fa2-90a1-ab7337cd810a
  5. Windows Store in French!!!!

Windows Store in French!!!!: Out of the blue, even when my Windows is set in English, the Microsoft store and every app I download is in french, please HELP!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-in-french/9c43f536-6cb0-4fa2-90a1-ab7337cd810a
  6. In french pleasse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In french pleasse: Bonjour, Comment faire afin d'avoir les réponses en français ? merci d'avance cordialement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-french-pleasse/a6d85370-a1b0-4127-bbe9-a4a1b3e7ebcd
  7. In french pleasse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In french pleasse: Bonjour, Comment faire afin d'avoir les réponses en français ? merci d'avance cordialement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-french-pleasse/a6d85370-a1b0-4127-bbe9-a4a1b3e7ebcd
  8. Windows 11 handwriting

Windows 11 handwriting: Hello,I was wondering if there was a way of adding a handwriting to one of the languages packages? Like some languages have just Typing and text to speech but don't have handwriting and other languages have full package Typing, TTS, handwriting...etcAny help is appreciated!...
  9. Windows 11 handwriting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 handwriting: Hello,I was wondering if there was a way of adding a handwriting to one of the languages packages? Like some languages have just Typing and text to speech but don't have handwriting and other languages have full package Typing, TTS, handwriting...etcAny help is appreciated!...
  10. WIndows 10 - Handwriting package

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 - Handwriting package: Hello I have a Pro surface with Windows 10. For security reasons, this device is not connected to the Internet. We first configured the device in French and then changed the configuration to English But the handwriting option asks us to download a package Can you give me a...