Windows 10: Windows 10: A few new touch friendly features in 9860

Discus and support Windows 10: A few new touch friendly features in 9860 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The first feature for touch users is that the keyboard will automatically pop up when touching a text box, the second is access to the title bar by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: A few new touch friendly features in 9860

Read more...

[youtube]ug-L2l3sFbY[/youtube]

Brink, Oct 22, 2014

2. Wow, Thanks for the information.

:)

Fahadking07, Oct 22, 2014
  3. metro version of ie 11

Can I run the metro version of ie 11 on windows 10? I miss the touch friendly features like swiping to back and forward, the touch friendly favorites list, etc.

I don't mind all you keyboard mouse users getting features you need, but why to touchscreen users have to suffer?

ThomasGGregg, Oct 22, 2014
  4. [Ahiru] Win User

How to Turn Off / Disable Touch Friendly Contextual Menu in Windows 10

Any news on this? How this works is horrible right now. Here are a few tips:

1) Make the touch context menu scroll with a swipe, like things with a scroll bar do.

2) Condition the display of the touch friendly context menu to the state of the tablet mode.

3) Add a switch to turn this on or off in the tablet mode settings.

Ideally you should implement point 1, ALWAYS display normal context menu when NOT in tablet mode and add a switch like this: "Use touch friendly context menu in tablet mode" on/off.

At least with a 10" tablet normal Windows interface is easy to operate and big buttons become kinda of a burden as they allow for less things on screen (like having to scroll the context menu)

[Ahiru], Oct 22, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10: A few new touch friendly features in 9860 - Similar Threads - few touch friendly

2. Windows 10 version 21H2 to launch this year with a few new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 21H2 to launch this year with a few new features: Back in June, our sources revealed Microsoft wants to split the second-half Windows release into two updates: one for consumers with big changes and another for enterprise customers who want to keep using the current Windows 10 for an additional year. When we first heard the...
  3. Windows 10 21H1 is finally rolling out to testers with a few new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H1 is finally rolling out to testers with a few new features: The Windows 10 21H1 ‘Spring 2021’ update is now official and it’s rolling out to millions of users in the Windows Insider program, and it brings a few improvements, including new features for Windows Hello. Unlike the last year’s Windows 10 version 2004 update, this new...
  4. New build 9860 - Unit Mode Broken again

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New build 9860 - Unit Mode Broken again: Hi there running W10 (latest build) on VMware workstation in UNITY Mode -- it's broken again -- was working just fine for a Windows 8.1 VM. The VM works just fine when exiting Unity Mode. I rather like Unity mode so I hope this gets fixed (could be a VMWARE problem) --...
  5. TRI boot with new build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRI boot with new build 9860: Hello all, on my system i have 1 HDD with duel boot WIN 7 and WIn 8.1 when i installed win 10 TP i istalled it on a second laptop drive i had hanging around and managed to prefabricate a fit into my Pc. all i had to do was enter the BIOS at switch on and select witch drive...
  6. Microsoft Makes the Desktop Touch-Friendly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Makes the Desktop Touch-Friendly in Windows 10: Microsoft is indeed working to make the desktop in Windows 10 better for those who still rely on the mouse and keyboard as the main input method, but touch users won’t be neglected in this upcoming release. In fact, while the desktop will be significantly improved to be...
  7. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  8. Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features: [img] [img] Windows 10 build 10036 includes a number of interesting tidbits and features which Microsoft have been working on over the last couple months. One feature which has started receiving more updates is Cortana, and in build 10036 a few of those changes are...
  9. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860: With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option. The information comes from Gabriel...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ: Work on Windows 10 continues and Microsoft has recently completed development of a new testing build that has reportedly been spotted online, most likely as the company shipped it to partners and private testers. Windows 10 build 9860, which is still part of the preview...