Windows 10 a major FAIL

Discus and support Windows 10 a major FAIL in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now they have removed Homegroup... Windows 10 has become a major fail in my opinion. Printer drivers don't work, can't set up your network, have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Windows 10 a major FAIL

Now they have removed Homegroup...

Windows 10 has become a major fail in my opinion. Printer drivers don't work, can't set up your network, have to share individual files only. Edge is a mess..

Every time they do an update, something else is removed, and it doesn't work. I don't care what anyone says, but I can not recommend Windows 10 to anyone. It has turned into the worst change since, I don't even know since when. AND THE BIGGEST PROBLEM... THEY CHANGE IT WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE. One day it is just no longer operational.

What a tragedy.

:)

Trust_No1, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 a major FAIL

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 a major FAIL

1. Windows 10 a major FAIL - Similar Threads - major FAIL

2. Major HeadAche

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major HeadAche: So From Last Week I am having a problem. When ever I start pc my win defender shows virus detected I check and find its name Start.R and These are the details CmdLine: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\cmd.exe "cmd.exe" /c start /min cmd /c "(echo @echo off >...
  3. Windows 10 a major FAIL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 a major FAIL: Now they have removed Homegroup... Windows 10 has become a major fail in my opinion. Printer drivers don't work, can't set up your network, have to share individual files only. Edge is a mess.. Every time they do an update, something else is removed, and it doesn't work. I...
  4. Blue Snowball won't work since major upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Snowball won't work since major upgrade: So I recently replaced my motherboard, CPU and RAM and now my blue snowball mic won't work. When I did the upgrade I re-installed windows and that's where the trouble started. It doesn't recognise the device at all. It doesn't show up in device manager even when I click on...
  5. Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the...: I have had problems with my Windows 8 machines upgraded to Windows 10. The number one recommendation from MS is to reset windows. Terrible idea to recommend to a user to basically lose all the customization on their computer. I've had two machines get bricked, one I never got...
  6. major homepage, browser and email setup help needed

in Browsers and Email
    major homepage, browser and email setup help needed: Using Edge, Mail linked to ATT. (Post written for by wife. has lost numerous cognitive abilities after suffering a stroke so I am trying to help. loves his pc and tablet but things are currently a mess. Our pc was hacked and money fraud email sent out from our all...
  7. Major problem with SD Card Reader on Dell Xps 18, it has vanished.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major problem with SD Card Reader on Dell Xps 18, it has vanished.: I use my card reader almost daily and two days ago I put it in to pull some pictures off of it and the computer never showed the drive. I finally found it and it was hidden under drives. So I did a lot of research, updating drivers, reinstalling them, even went back a few...
  8. Major problem with SD Card Reader on Dell Xps 18, it has vanished.

in Windows 10 Support
    Major problem with SD Card Reader on Dell Xps 18, it has vanished.: I use my card reader almost daily and two days ago I put it in to pull some pictures off of it and the computer never showed the drive. I finally found it and it was hidden under drives. So I did a lot of research, updating drivers, reinstalling them, even went back a few...
  9. Major Update Fails To Resolve Apps Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Major Update Fails To Resolve Apps Problem: My upgrade form W7 to W10 was a disappointment in that none of the apps that had to connect through MS Edge worked due to connection failure. All other browsers work fine and I had hoped this first major update would fix things. Thanks for DA MS. If anyone has any clue as how...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade major fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade major fail: My system is repeatedly trying to download W10 and fails every time. I must have 20 or more failed attempts in Windows Update since midnight the 28th of July. Today I tried every path to achieve successful download I can see in this forum, yes every single recommendation and...