Windows 10: Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

Discus and support Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've got an older HP EliteDesk Gen2 I think, works great otherwise but every morning when I start my day, it's a complete mess. I have dual monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by danwheeler, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

I've got an older HP EliteDesk Gen2 I think, works great otherwise but every morning when I start my day, it's a complete mess. I have dual monitors and I've completely disabled sleep and hibernation modes via reg keys and custom power profiles. Sleep has always been a mess with Windows so I've just learned to disable it unless I'm on a laptop.I have my screens set to turn off after a few hours and throughout my work day, things act fairly normally. If the screens turn off, I can wiggle the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard and things return to normal. It's a little slow to return but it's re

:)

danwheeler, Jan 26, 2022

2. Sleep mode resume

Hi Tyler,

Disabling some of the startup programs normally aids a slow response time when resuming from sleep mode. The concern you're experiencing may continue to happen due to some incorrect power settings. Aside from the steps mentioned above, may we know the specific
    procedures that you have tried to rectify the issue? You can also indicate other changes made on your device before this issue occurred.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Sleep mode resume

Tyler,

I found this in the HP forums -
    Windows 10 Resume from Sleep Very Slow
    Most of the discussion blames ULPS but one post said that it had been instructive to check the records in Control panel, Security & maintenance, Maintenance, View reliability history.

Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight? 3e3fe39c-1e9f-47d2-874a-f08b9b43f230.png

It might also be worth looking at some of the other threads here, in HP forums & in TenForums -

windows 10 slow to wake from sleep site:answers.microsoft.com

windows
    10 slow to wake from sleep site:hp.com

windows 10 slow to wake from sleep site:www.tenforums.com

There might be other sites with useful information but I tend to limit my searches to just these forums - like you, I have a Dell, but the

Dell user forum
    is not normally particularly productive.

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

Windows extremely slow after resuming from sleep.

Hi Tajition,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

1. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight? - Similar Threads - mess every morning

2. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  3. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?: I've got an older HP EliteDesk Gen2 I think, works great otherwise but every morning when I start my day, it's a complete mess. I have dual monitors and I've completely disabled sleep and hibernation modes via reg keys and custom power profiles. Sleep has always been a mess...
  4. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?: I've got an older HP EliteDesk Gen2 I think, works great otherwise but every morning when I start my day, it's a complete mess. I have dual monitors and I've completely disabled sleep and hibernation modes via reg keys and custom power profiles. Sleep has always been a mess...
  5. Messed up desktop on resume from sleep/startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messed up desktop on resume from sleep/startup: I'm trying to help a friend with an odd ongoing issue. When waking up the computer after it has been a sleep for a while, the desktop come up looking extremely messed up -- it's like there are two of the same desktop icons stacked on each other but slightly offset, and the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning: As the title states, I've recently been having issues with my Windows 10 Samsung laptop regarding it sleeping and restarting. Basically, when it's in sleep mode with the lid closed, a green light means it's in sleep mode and fully charged, while a red light would mean it's...
  7. L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    L2TP VPN ....WAS working this morning. What happened?: What the heck happened? Running Windows 19028VB_release.191115-1325. I created a VPN connection about two weeks ago and entered the reg key per: reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PolicyAgent /v AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule /t REG_DWORD /d 0x2 /f All...
  8. Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning.: Hey there, every morning for the past couple of days I've been getting a blue screen, but today it has happened multiple times. I've ran sfc /scannow, DISM, chkdsk and they've all come back clear. 98193
  9. Whats happened overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whats happened overnight?: Has there been a major update? Can't find any info. My PC this morning looks as though windows 11 had=s been installed. Dektop icons all gone, all settings back to how MS want them (cortan and edge crap back on task bar). Have done system restore and got everything back now...
  10. W10 slow to resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 slow to resume from sleep: I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has...