Windows 10: Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business

Discus and support Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I’m excited to share this next chapter in our Windows 10 blog series, focused on enhancements we are making to the Windows Store – all of which are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business

Source...

:)

Brink, Nov 19, 2014

2. Is Windows 10 Home allowed for use in a business environment?

If its meeting your needs, there is nothing wrong using it in a business environment. I have friends in IT who bring their notebook with a Home edition of Windows installed and they are able to still access network resources, whether it is domain joined
    or not. Yes, there are limitations, but it doesn't prevent you or mean it is unauthorized to use.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Is Windows 10 Home allowed for use in a business environment?

We purchase our workstations with Windows 10 Home OEM. We are not using Windows Professional since we do not use any of its features (domain join, remote desktop, etc.).

We are a Java/Android and IOS shop. We have a mixed environment of Macs and Windows.

We have recently been advised by our Microsoft SAM that businesses are only allowed to use Windows Professional. However, this is the first time we heard of this restriction ever since our engagement with them every other year since 2013. We would like
    to keep our business fully compliant to licensing but we would want to know first which Microsoft document indicates this restriction.

I hope you guys can help me out. We have additional workstation purchases put on hold until we confirm what Windows license should be included in those computers.

Carlo Miguel Cruz, Nov 19, 2014
  4. swarfega Win User

My store keeps opening by itself thats how keen it is.

swarfega, Nov 20, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I've noticed that the last modern app I had open will just automatically open at random times as well in the 9879 build. Odd.

Brink, Nov 20, 2014
  6. swarfega Win User
    Its more than odd, its a nuisance.

swarfega, Nov 20, 2014
  7. DavidY Win User
    The one thing which would encourage me to buy (non-free apps) from the Store is a very non-techie one.

My local supermarket sells a stack of gift cards, including Apple, Google, random garden centres, all sort of stuff. But no Microsoft Store gift cards - why not? I know they exist, so why not sell them in stores?

Gift cards are a great way to try something without handing over your credit card details to yet another organisation. Microsoft should do more to get them out there.

DavidY, Nov 21, 2014
  8. Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business

Be nice to see the gift cards available in more places

The places I have seen them are ones that sell xboxs, Game or HMV, but they are in the games section and not with the other cards the stores sell

paulsalter, Nov 21, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Isn't this whole "Store" idea a bit Old Hat these days -- Enterprise users certainly won't want to trawl through this type of system where about 90% of the apps are just PLAIN JUNK (same with Google Play and Apple "Stores").

IMO this is "A STORE TOO FAR" !!!!

Go back to the classical way of installing Windows applications.

I LIKE new tech and ideas but I really think the whole store concept as a REGRESSION. Give it back to APPLE. Even the once invincible "Ichoones" is showing its age and people are using it less and less in favour of other delivery methods,

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 21, 2014
  10. swarfega Win User
    I agree with Jimbo. I just can't see businesses using a store. They certainly would have to disable it for their employees.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business - Similar Threads - Store Ready Business

2. Not able to login to Business Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to login to Business Store: As an ISV I manage one of my customers Business Store account. But now when I try to login with the same account now I get an access error saying "Your sign-in was successful but does not meet the criteria to access this resource. For example, you might be signing in from a...
  3. MS Store for Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Store for Business: I thought I had the MS Store for business figured out. It has recently been brought to my attention that when a user clicks the Share context menu (from file explorer (right click or ribbon) or in the Edge menu) they are offered to "get apps in app store". Clicking this shows...
  4. Windows Store for Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store for Business: Trying to sign up for Store for Business here: https://www.microsoft.com/business-store but am not finding any sign up options. The first image is what I am seeing, the second image is what I expect to see based in written instructions. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  5. Store For Business Safe?

Store For Business Safe?: My Company are looking to adopt MS Store for business to acquire and distribute UWP Apps. For the on-line licensed App we need to trust the publisher and accept their push updates. What I don't know what background checks and scans are performed on the Apps made available...
  6. Lenovo Announces ThinkPad L390 and L390 Yoga Ready for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo Announces ThinkPad L390 and L390 Yoga Ready for Business: Updates to the Lenovo ThinkPad L390 and L390 Yoga are designed to keep users and IT departments happy through proven reliability and comprehensive ThinkShield device security—without sacrificing performance. The ThinkPad portfolio has always offered a broad range of choices...
  7. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now ready to download for businesses

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now ready to download for businesses: Microsoft released its first major update of this year for users in the month of April by naming it “Windows 10 April 2018 Update”. The company released the update on 30th April 2018 to all Windows 10 users in stages as has always been the case with major releases. The...
  8. New Version of Windows 10 Facebook App Ready in Store

New Version of Windows 10 Facebook App Ready in Store: Anyone using Face Book Windows 10 Version App From the Store A new Version is Waiting to be downloaded and installed Version 4.1.0.214.191 50897
  9. New Twitter App Update Ready in Windows 10 Store

New Twitter App Update Ready in Windows 10 Store: New Twitter App UpdateReady in Windows 10 Store Version 5.0.2.0 48472
  10. Get ready for Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Get ready for Skype for Business: Today at Convergence, our CEO Satya Nadella encouraged companies to embrace the open exchange of information using intelligent, collaborative tools that enable people and organizations to achieve more. Delivering technology that helps people connect—to discuss, share and...