Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business

Discus and support Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I’m excited to share this next chapter in our Windows 10 blog series, focused on enhancements we are making to the Windows Store – all of which are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source...

:)

Brink, Nov 19, 2014
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Is Windows 10 Home allowed for use in a business environment?

If its meeting your needs, there is nothing wrong using it in a business environment. I have friends in IT who bring their notebook with a Home edition of Windows installed and they are able to still access network resources, whether it is domain joined
    or not. Yes, there are limitations, but it doesn't prevent you or mean it is unauthorized to use.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Carlo Miguel Cruz Win User
    Is Windows 10 Home allowed for use in a business environment?

We purchase our workstations with Windows 10 Home OEM. We are not using Windows Professional since we do not use any of its features (domain join, remote desktop, etc.).

We are a Java/Android and IOS shop. We have a mixed environment of Macs and Windows.

We have recently been advised by our Microsoft SAM that businesses are only allowed to use Windows Professional. However, this is the first time we heard of this restriction ever since our engagement with them every other year since 2013. We would like
    to keep our business fully compliant to licensing but we would want to know first which Microsoft document indicates this restriction.

I hope you guys can help me out. We have additional workstation purchases put on hold until we confirm what Windows license should be included in those computers.

Carlo Miguel Cruz, Nov 19, 2014
  4. swarfega Win User

My store keeps opening by itself thats how keen it is.

swarfega, Nov 20, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I've noticed that the last modern app I had open will just automatically open at random times as well in the 9879 build. Odd.

Brink, Nov 20, 2014
  6. swarfega Win User
    Its more than odd, its a nuisance.

swarfega, Nov 20, 2014
  7. DavidY Win User
    The one thing which would encourage me to buy (non-free apps) from the Store is a very non-techie one.

My local supermarket sells a stack of gift cards, including Apple, Google, random garden centres, all sort of stuff. But no Microsoft Store gift cards - why not? I know they exist, so why not sell them in stores?

Gift cards are a great way to try something without handing over your credit card details to yet another organisation. Microsoft should do more to get them out there.

DavidY, Nov 21, 2014
  8. paulsalter Win User

Be nice to see the gift cards available in more places

The places I have seen them are ones that sell xboxs, Game or HMV, but they are in the games section and not with the other cards the stores sell

paulsalter, Nov 21, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Isn't this whole "Store" idea a bit Old Hat these days -- Enterprise users certainly won't want to trawl through this type of system where about 90% of the apps are just PLAIN JUNK (same with Google Play and Apple "Stores").

IMO this is "A STORE TOO FAR" !!!!

Go back to the classical way of installing Windows applications.

I LIKE new tech and ideas but I really think the whole store concept as a REGRESSION. Give it back to APPLE. Even the once invincible "Ichoones" is showing its age and people are using it less and less in favour of other delivery methods,

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 21, 2014
  10. swarfega Win User
    I agree with Jimbo. I just can't see businesses using a store. They certainly would have to disable it for their employees.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: A Store That is Ready for Business - Similar Threads - Store Ready Business

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  6. Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color: I have tried the control panel > devices & printers > preferences route When I get to preferences, there is no color weather black & white, greyscale (monochrome) or color anywhere to be found!!! I ran a print test on the printer itself and it is working fine color and all....
  7. Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows: I run a windows 10 and a windows 7 computer and when I downloaded the programs for ROBLOX and clicked the shortcuts, it said "The item 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' that is this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." and the...
  8. Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store: I cant install games on Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/microsoft-store/195ecbc1-d36f-4802-a180-199b4b6cfbe8
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail: It all seemed to work for a while, in fact I have been using Teams since it first launched and never seen issues with notifications (if you set them the way you want), if a chat came in, it would always show up and then if you missed it the Teams icon would be highlighted to...
  10. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...