Windows 10: Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change

Discus and support Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded my PC, and I'm a student on a University. I used to have the Windows Academy for the past 6 months with no problems. I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ΙάκωβοςΜαστρογιαννόπουλος, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change

Hello, I just upgraded my PC, and I'm a student on a University. I used to have the Windows Academy for the past 6 months with no problems. I used the code 2 other times except my PC, that was my father's PC and my sister's laptop. Well the problem is that now I can't put the code again on my PC, plus when I'm troubleshooting that I just had a massive Hardware change, and it asks me for my email that I used, even though I did inputed the correct one, the problem is still that it can't activate the license. How can I solve that problem? Can it be solved, or should I ask my friend to give me his code, or should I switch to Linux full time?

:)

ΙάκωβοςΜαστρογιαννόπουλος, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically it should not activate if its a upgrade from an OEM license. But if you follow the phone automated number sequence hopefully it will work.

Windows 10 is tied to your hardware and you cannot upgrade a motherboard on an OEM license. (but it works with the phone activation) you can only replace the board with an identical board.

Jetster, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Nov 30, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change

1. Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Academy License massive

2. Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change: I obtained my Windows 10 license by upgrading from a previous version. I had to replace my motherboard and now I can't reactivate my Windows license. I have followed the troubleshooting and conversation threads without results....
  3. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  4. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  5. Windows License activation after hardware change

Windows License activation after hardware change: Hi there,After a hardware change on my computer processor + MOB I am not able to activate my Windows license.I've used the "Troubleshoot" button in the Setting/Activation area and clicked on "I recently changed hardware on this device" but the answer is "Unable to activate...
  6. Changing windows 10 license after hardware change

Changing windows 10 license after hardware change: Hello, So, yesterday I changed my motherboard in the same computer, and so after installing Windows 10, I went to "Troubleshoot windows 10 license" --> "Device hardware change" and thats where it told me that I could activate it again from my old computer. I was surprised...
  7. Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change: I was under the impression that having linked your Microsoft account with your old hardware to have the digital license linked you could activate windows 10 on the new hardware, was I wrong? I don't have my windows 7 key anymore since i got that from my school a while ago but...
  8. Windows License reactivation after hardware change

Windows License reactivation after hardware change: Hi, I recently changed hardware and now my windows license has been deactivated. I tried using the troubleshooter but it didn't work. I signed in to the account were the digital license was connected to, but still can't get it to reactivate....
  9. Reactivation of Windows 10 License failed after changing hardware

Reactivation of Windows 10 License failed after changing hardware: Hi, I'm trying to reactivate my free Windows 10 License after migrating from Windows 8 after changing some of my PC's components. To do this I followed the advice on this website:...
  10. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...