Windows 10: Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal

Discus and support Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 on an older Dell laptop, and I am hitting a strange situation. When I type letters on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Greer7575, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal

Hello everyone, I recently did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 on an older Dell laptop, and I am hitting a strange situation. When I type letters on Microsoft Word, and use the french "accent grave" (ie: à, è, ù), instead of adding the letter with the accent grave, it pastes on screen a message saying "This is a test 08:23:32 Real time". Please note that the time displayed is two hours behind my time.

After a reboot, this issue does not reoccur until I type for a while, and then once it starts, every time I hit the "accent grave", it displays the time message.

Using the english keyboard, that key is the apostrophe, and the issue does not occur.

Using the French Canadian keyboard, afger a while, the "accent grave" seems to be mapped to that time message.

I thought that it might be the old MS Office 2010 version that I had used, so I conpletely patched it with SP2 and all other updates afterwards. The issue persisted after a reboot.

Since that did not help, I subscribed to Office 365 and installed that. The issue is still occurred.

I followed online directions to disable as many Windows hotkeys as I could, but no luck.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Greer7575
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Greer7575, Feb 23, 2020

2. Accent grave on French Canadian Keyboard

Hello,

I've recently started using the Canadian French Keyboard on my new Window 10 desktop. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding the "u accent grave" on the keyboard. I could pretty much do every other accented alphabet but the "u accent grave".

My keyboard have special keys for é, è, , ç, and everything else with "accent circonflex" or "le tréma" are manual.

I also have a mac and the "u accent grave" is the tilde key next to 1 at the top left hand corner on that keyboard. On the PC, however it's the forward and back slash. I've exhausted every other option I could find on the internet so if anyone could kindly
    show me what to do that'll be awesome.

Thank you.

94898123-b501-41fb-9700-06def52d727a, Feb 23, 2020
  3. KonGz Win User
    Grave accent won't switch language while typing

Hi I am on a newly bought PC using windows 10 home with Thai and English languages.

With my previous other-PC experience, I could press the grave accent to switch language on the go while I am typing rapidly and it won't care whether I am typing or not, it would just change the language right away once I press the "grave accent."

Now with this new PC while a button is being pressed, your grave accent command will be completely ignored. I have to stop touching a key before I can press it to switch language. This makes it extremely uncomfortable and confusing.

I wonder if there is a tweak I can do to use the "grave accent" to switch language regardless what other key I am pressing.

KonGz, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal

Accent grave on French Canadian Keyboard

Hello,

Thank you for replying to my question.

I have tried it and instead of getting accent grave I'm still getting the slash symbols.

Thanks.

94898123-b501-41fb-9700-06def52d727a, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal

1. Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal - Similar Threads - *'* accent grave

2. Backtick/Grave accent key doesn't work at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backtick/Grave accent key doesn't work at all: Tried on-screen keyboard.Tried changing key sequence.Tried input language change.Restarted computerUnplugged keyboard and plugged back in.Updated to latest version of windows.No cigar. If anyone could help or figure it out. That'd be nice....
  3. Backtick/Grave accent key doesn't work at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backtick/Grave accent key doesn't work at all: Tried on-screen keyboard.Tried changing key sequence.Tried input language change.Restarted computerUnplugged keyboard and plugged back in.Updated to latest version of windows.No cigar. If anyone could help or figure it out. That'd be nice....
  4. Backtick/Grave accent key doesn't work at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. issue with using Grave Accent to change input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue with using Grave Accent to change input language: Hi,I have been using US and Thai Keyboard and using grave accent to switch between those input languages.However, I have recently noticed that after I press grave accent to switch, the next first character that I type will be wrong.I will see one of these characters ` , ~...
  6. Output Accent Grave directly (without letters)?

Output Accent Grave directly (without letters)?: Howdy, folks, currently i'm trying to get the accent grave "`" on my german keyboard directly while typing. That is, I don't want to have the accent on a letter, nor do I want to click twice on the keyboard, but I want it to be accepted directly. In short: I don't want...
  7. Problem With the Grave Accent Key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With the Grave Accent Key.: My grave symbol key doesn't work until I press and hold it. Then it ends up spamming the grave key. I have no idea why the key doesn't simply act like a normal key. I have had this issue with grave symbol key for the last 3 updates on Windows10. I have tried the following: -...
  8. How to remap grave accent to acute accent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap grave accent to acute accent: I still don't know how to do this, even after trying various softwares on the web. I need specifically to reassign the ´ (acute ) to the ` (grave) key in a USA keyboard. In all programs, I can find easily the grave, but they don't show the acute as an option. On...
  9. Which US keyboard has accent grave key working in Windows 10 ?

Which US keyboard has accent grave key working in Windows 10 ?: I have been facing a problem for some days that in my English( India ) US International keyboard, the accent grave key is not working, so I can't access the console in COD4. While playing, I always need to switch to UK extended keyboard and after playing again back to US...
  10. Grave accent won't switch language while typing

Grave accent won't switch language while typing: Hi I am on a newly bought PC using windows 10 home with Thai and English languages. With my previous other-PC experience, I could press the grave accent to switch language on the go while I am typing rapidly and it won't care whether I am typing or not, it would just change...