Windows 10: Windows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have lost access to my C: Drive and cannot seem to recover. It appears that my Windows 10 no longer sees me as an administrator and I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ronan_D, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Ronan_D Win User

Windows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive

Hi,

I have lost access to my C: Drive and cannot seem to recover. It appears that my Windows 10 no longer sees me as an administrator and I can't do anything add or remove files, install, etc. other than access already existing files. I can't even move files from one folder to another. I have searched for many solutions but most require me to download and install a file, which I cannot do because Windows thinks I don't have permission as an administrator on my machine.

Based on responses to similar issues I tried to change my permissions for the C: Drive. This is what I tried;

I have gone into the advanced settings for my CWindows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive :Drive right click on CWindows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive :Drive>>click on Security Tab>>click Advance...the only option available and it shows the following:

Owner: Administrators *my name*-PC\Administrators

Under Permissions I'm listed as a Principal with full access i.e full control, along with another Principal called "SYSTEM" also has full access.

I looked up many other solutions, as stated above, but any option that requires a download/install is nonviable.

If anyone knows a solution to this error that has all but bricked my laptop, please let me know.

Thank you

:)

Ronan_D, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CWindows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jan 16, 2020
  4. bap2690 Win User

C: Access is denied

I tried to block C, D and F drive from standard users. Post that, I am not able to access these drives.

I tried both methods given in below link -

C drive access denied in windows 10

I am unable to use any regedit option as acessss to C drive is denied.

Still issue persist. Kindly siggest.

bap2690, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive - Similar Threads - Access Denied Drive

2. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  3. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  4. C: drive access denied windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive access denied windows 11: i was did a factory reset on my Acer Nitro AN517-52, it is running windows 11 and no matter what i do i can not access the C: Drive.C: drive access denied. HELP...
  5. C:\ drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ drive access denied: I can't open the C:\ drive, this is after auto repair of the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-access-denied/e50b6564-56dd-40d6-934c-3a5a1e394e3a
  6. My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied: My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another account, didn't work. I would try to open something like a task manager, and it would say windows couldn't access it. If I tried...
  7. Access to C drive is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to C drive is denied: Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-drive-is-denied/e8ce725f-eb6a-4dd6-b9e9-b3871e097ae2
  8. Access to Drive C: denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Drive C: denied: I run Windows 10 and seem to have mistakenly changed some security settings which has resulted in me being denied access to drive C unable to run programs such as MS office apps. Oddly, there are some programs that still works though. After trying most of what I have found...
  9. Access local C: drive denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access local C: drive denied: Can;t acces my local C Drive says I'm restricted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-local-c-drive-denied/3ba21f71-5a38-4c55-8a1c-29f7db858c52
  10. C drive access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive access denied: I was trying to keep my 120 gig ssd drive just for windows. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive for the rest. In the process I locked myself out. Anything I try to do I get access denied. I still have admin rights, but its worthless. I cant even trouble shoot. Ive tried 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the default owner for the c drive in windows 10