Windows 10: Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005

Discus and support Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a user getting the error code: 80070005 when attempting to log into the Outlook and Teams applications. Additional error information:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by agoodusername, May 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005

I have a user getting the error code: 80070005 when attempting to log into the Outlook and Teams applications. Additional error information:

"Something went wrong

We couldn't sign you in,. If this error persists, contact your system administrator and provide the error code 80070005.

Additional problem information

Error code: 80070005

Correlation ID

Timestamp

More information: https://www.microsoft.com/wamerrors

Server message: Access is denied. Access is denied. "

They have completed all Windows updates with no errors, and have rebooted many times but still getting the same error.

The usual sfc/ scannow and DISM image repair tools did not resolve the issue. The SFC scan did state that it found an error but was able to resolve the problem. I am stumped on what to try next, so I was looking for any ideas from here. Thank you.

:)

agoodusername, May 1, 2020

2. Cannot backup Outlook.pst - API call error, Access is denied. 80070005

Who is the owner of the outlook.pst file? What are the file permissions?
    I ask because your backup error says that access is denied: Code:
    If the "user" who is running the backup does not have permissions to read the outlook.pst file, then the backup will fail.

If that's the case, find out who is running the backup. Is that YOU? Or an admin account.
    Add the appropriate permissions to the outlook.pst file.

I've had lots of problems with Windows 10 regarding permissions. Every new computer will not allow Firefox to save downloads on the desktop ... until I open up permissions on the Desktop folder.

Oddly enough, Firefox would download to the Downloads folder with no problems. It was all about permissions.

That happened on my work computer. It happened on my new home desktop last year (Win 10 Anniversary). And it happened again last week when I got the Win 10 FCU update.

The default permissions on a fresh Win 10 install are just fine in many cases, but not so in other cases.

margrave55, May 1, 2020
  3. antspants Win User
    Cannot backup Outlook.pst - API call error, Access is denied. 80070005

Hi family.

I have two backup programs that I use to backup various files. My problem is with Outlook.pst. This is a new issue for me, it has never happened before.

When trying to backup Outlook.pst with alwaysync I am now getting error API call error, Access is denied. 80070005
    I am getting the same error now with my Outlook 2016 backup plugin , the plugin works but hits the denied error. This tells me it is something other than the software or the plugin. I don't know if it is maybe a win defender issue or what it may be, I am stumped.
    I have checked permissions for both the outlook.pst file and the default folder it sits in documents/outlook files/
    I have full permissions with both.

Anyone have any idea why this may have all of a sudden started? I'd be ever so grateful.

Win 10 64 up to date/Office 2016 up to date.

cheers Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005 :)

antspants, May 1, 2020
  4. antspants Win User

Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005

Cannot backup Outlook.pst - API call error, Access is denied. 80070005

I tried that Lock Hunter, it says its not locked by anything. Still getting following error in allwaysync and still cant use backup plugin for outlook. Really weird

Code:
    Now a New one

Code:
    Everything else backs up fine, tens of thousands of files.
    All my software and OS are legitimately owned.

Disabling Kaspersky Internet Security has no affect.

antspants, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005

1. Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005 - Similar Threads - Access Denied Error

2. Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022: I am experiencing an issue with the Distributed Component Object Model DCOM in a server environment where multiple web applications interact with Microsoft Office documents. Below are the details and steps that led to the problem:Environment:Server OS: Windows Server 2022...
  3. Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022: I am experiencing an issue with the Distributed Component Object Model DCOM in a server environment where multiple web applications interact with Microsoft Office documents. Below are the details and steps that led to the problem:Environment:Server OS: Windows Server 2022...
  4. "error code 80070005 access"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "error code 80070005 access"?: How do we fix "error code 80070005 access"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-80070005-access/eefee132-e5b7-437b-89b4-ecb8444e35e7
  5. "error code 80070005 access"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "error code 80070005 access"?: How do we fix "error code 80070005 access"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-80070005-access/eefee132-e5b7-437b-89b4-ecb8444e35e7
  6. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  7. Error 80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 80070005: Im trying to download Sea of Thieves on my D drive, sadly, the install button only works when using the C drive. I tried to make it so new apps save to the D drive, but when i try to do this error 80070005 pops up and stops me from changing it. Ive tried everything, please...
  8. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  9. in windows 10 "access denied" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in windows 10 "access denied" error: In Windows 10 I cannot save files to the root c:\ even though I am the administrator. It is a new computer, but a floor model. when I first fired it up I copied a flash drive straight to the root directory C:\. no prob but when I try to save a file in word or anything else I...
  10. Cannot backup Outlook.pst - API call error, Access is denied. 80070005

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot backup Outlook.pst - API call error, Access is denied. 80070005: Hi family. I have two backup programs that I use to backup various files. My problem is with Outlook.pst. This is a new issue for me, it has never happened before. When trying to backup Outlook.pst with alwaysync I am now getting error API call error, Access is denied....