Windows 10: Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent

Discus and support Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Day I am having an issue where 1 laptop out of 30 is not working like it should after the March update, the laptop on someday's will start and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JodyBling, Apr 3, 2019.

1. JodyBling Win User

Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent

Good Day

I am having an issue where 1 laptop out of 30 is not working like it should after the March update, the laptop on someday's will start and you can access shared folders instantly but for only about 3 hours then you have to restart to view them again, some days a restart is need to be able to access them from the beginning, please assist with this issue.

:)

JodyBling, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent :)

Frogger, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent - Similar Threads - Access Shared folder

2. Accessing Windows 7 share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Windows 7 share folder: Hi there! I have a Windows 10 Pro computer W10P from which I would like to connect to a share folder on my Windows 7 W7 computer but I can't get it to work: [ATTACH] Same network, etc. etc., the machines are able to ping each other. I also have a Windows 10 Home W10H...
  3. Intermittently losing access to shared folder content

Intermittently losing access to shared folder content: OK this is my issue. I'm a newbie so bear with me. I am currently working from home I've had no issues until recently. We have folder A the main folder for the organisation. My role is Folder B a sub folder of folder A Folder B contains 90% of the documents I require in sub...
  4. Shared Folders not accessible on Windows 10 Desktop

Shared Folders not accessible on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello Everyone. First of all, how my ethernet is configured. 1 router connected to the internet. 1 desktop pc (W10 pro, x64) connected through LAN to the router. 2 android devices connected through wifi, 1 of them a tablet, over 5ghz band and the other a smartphone, over...
  5. No access to the shared folder

No access to the shared folder: Hi all, I have an issue with the shared folders. I did share a few folders from my PC, but they are not visible either from my laptop or streamer Dune HD base. I do see that the folders are shared when I check their status in the "Properties". In addition, I do see that the...
  6. Shared folder not accessible

Shared folder not accessible: I was trying to access a shared folder from my laptop on my PC (Both are running Windows 10) when it told me that he couldn't connect to it. Diagnostics say that there might be something wrong with the DNS-Server. I also tried pinging the PC and it worked perfectly. The...
  7. Windows 10 Home unable to access shared folder

Windows 10 Home unable to access shared folder: Hi, I'm using Win10 Home and this machine is not able to access a shared folder in Win7. Previously it was working fine, and today it decided it did not want to work. It might work tomorrow, who knows. Been googling around and come across this page:...
  8. Shared Folders Access

Shared Folders Access: After the latest update, in File Explorer>Network I can see computers but cannot access the shared folders on one computer. Shared folders on another computer are fully accesible. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've searched the web and tried fixes with services.msc and...
  9. Shared Folder Access

Shared Folder Access: Hi All, I had a windows 7 machine built to share a folder on my workgroup network. I slowly grew my network and begun getting an error that there was too many simultaneous connections. I was told to upgrade to server 2016 STD so i purchased it and have it installed and...
  10. Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect

Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect: Greetings, I am new to this forum. My question is in regards to shared folders. I run a desktop and laptop connected by ethernet, through a router. Both machines run Windows 10 Pro. Both machines have static IP addresses setup in the router. I do not use a software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermitant unable to access shared drive folder

2. window 10 intermittent network drive access