Windows 10: Windows 10 Account Login issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Account Login issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, this issue relates to my wife rather than myself. She been using her windows 10 laptop comfortably for some time now, and last changed her... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamBailhache, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Account Login issue

Hi,

this issue relates to my wife rather than myself. She been using her windows 10 laptop comfortably for some time now, and last changed her account password in 2016 according to her online account information. This evening she told me that her laptop no longer accepts her usual password for the machine, instead using the same password she uses for her google account. I have no idea how she even thought of trying her google password, although she says its the password she uses for everything 'on-line', please don't get me started....

I've exhausted my google-fu and the best I can come up with is that she might now be required to use her Microsoft password which may well be the same as her google password - she's not sure rather than a local account password. But I have no way of checking this.

My question is this, is it possible that a recent windows update has forced the use of her Microsoft account rather than a local account, and if that is the case how could I confirm this?

Follow-up, if the above is not likely / possible what is a probable and testable cause?

In the meantime, my wife and I are discussing good password management, a topic she finds enthralling, particularly while bathing the children.

Many thanks all,

PS - just to confirm the account does not appear compromised, with the security tracker noting a failed login attempt from the US earlier today and tracking her previous use of the machine over the past few days correctly as far as she recalls.

:)

WilliamBailhache, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Account Login issue :(

Zakin, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Account Login issue

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Account Login issue

1. Windows 10 Account Login issue - Similar Threads - Account Login issue

2. Admin account login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account login issue: Hello,This morning I was working on getting a game working which was giving me some trouble. In the process of working on it, I restarted my machine only to find myself locked out of my account. I was working with some of the startup services and I'm afraid I must have...
  3. Microsoft account login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account login issue: Couldn't login into laptop with microsoft account because it said that my password is wrong although it worked on other devices. After changing password I can login into other devices and into my account on browser but still not into that laptop. Now I can't even reinstall...
  4. Microsoft account login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login issue: Couldn't login into laptop with microsoft account because it said that my password is wrong although it worked on other devices. After changing password I can login into other devices and into my account on browser but still not into that laptop. Now I can't even reinstall...
  5. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  6. Microsoft account login issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account login issue: Hi,This is really confusing. I was not signed in to my account in my windows 10 system, which then directed to a account creation option. Using that I am allowed to create a Microsoft account from my windows 10 OS, which only takes a user name, but no password or other...
  7. Microsoft Account Login Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Login Issue: Whenever I need to sign in to my microsoft account a grey box appears then disappears this happens on the store and xbox companion app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-issue/aa1fe7fc-6c3d-4d94-9d07-67c38a09ce17"
  8. Account login issue A1B2C3

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account login issue A1B2C3: I have 3 User Accounts on my SurfaceBook, Windows 10 version 1709 - build 16299.64. One personal and 2 work accounts. I just tried to login to one of my work accounts using my PIN as normal and got a message saying that I had tried to login too many times and to type A1B2C3....
  9. Win 10 Microsoft Account login issues.

Win 10 Microsoft Account login issues.: My apologies if this has been asked a thousand times, but I'm against the clock with a work deadline and I have an issue. My Mum uses her pc for work and has a recurring intermittent problem. She uses her microsoft account to log into a win 10 installation. It was a win 7...
  10. Windows 10 User account login issue...

Windows 10 User account login issue...: I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account. The password is correct, but it gives the error "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client...