Windows 10: Windows 10 Account Password Trouble...

Discus and support Windows 10 Account Password Trouble... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, After the most recent W10 update I have an account/password problem with my SyncBack Free software. To work unattended while I sleep it needs... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wimyogya, Sep 9, 2020.

1. wimyogya Win User

Windows 10 Account Password Trouble...

Hello,

After the most recent W10 update I have an account/password problem with my SyncBack Free software. To work unattended while I sleep it needs my Windows password for authorisation. That goes ok. But whenever I want to CHANGE one of the Syncback jobs, it asks for my Windows password again (Syncback in itself does not require a password, only for unattended jobs - and a modified job is seen as a new job).
    If I fill in my CORRECT Windows password it will NOT work again: wrong password, it says. Even when after numerous attempts I CHANGED my Windows password correctly.
    I thought it was a SYNCBACK issue. But now I think Windows10 is to blame.
    Today after trying to get SYNCBACK doing its jobs, there SUDDENLY was a Microsoft windows popup saying they had to fix an issue with one of my accounts (I only have one). I agreed, they said they would fix it - and confirmed that.
    But the issue with SYNCBACK is still existing.

Does anyone recognize or understand that problem? And can help?
    Thanks!
    Wim

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    update 28.08.20
    Build 19041.450

:)

wimyogya, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Account Password Trouble... :(

Zakin, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Account Password Trouble... - Similar Threads - Account Password Trouble

2. Windows password trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows password trouble: I have an older Dell Precision M6600 laptop and recently had it repaired new motherboard installed. The repair shop installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit for me, and when I received the laptop back, I activated it with my product code. All seemed well, except when trying to log in...
  3. Windows password trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows password trouble: I have an older Dell Precision M6600 laptop and recently had it repaired new motherboard installed. The repair shop installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit for me, and when I received the laptop back, I activated it with my product code. All seemed well, except when trying to log in...
  4. Windows password trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Admin Password trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Password trouble: Need to move files but the administrator password in windows 10 is not recognizing my known password. Is there a fix, unable to find? Can someone please help? This is my personal computer, not a company. Thank you in advance...
  6. Windows 10 Account Password Trouble...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Account Password Trouble...: Hello, After the most recent W10 update I have an account/password problem with my SyncBack Free software. To work unattended while I sleep it needs my Windows password for authorisation. That goes ok. But whenever I want to CHANGE one of the Syncback jobs, it asks for my...
  7. Account troubles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account troubles: I logged into my pc this morning and realised the name had changed when I went to my account settings I saw that my email had been changed as well, it was my brother's fault. I don't know what he did and neither does he but I made a local account and it says sign in with a...
  8. Account trouble

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account trouble: I had signed in with my microsoft account into my laptop(windows 10),where i had set it as the administrator. Later i signed out and created a local account ,the problem is whenever i access control panel and go to user settings it asks for administrator password for another...
  9. Windows 10 - trouble recovering administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - trouble recovering administrator password: My admin user name and password are no longer working. I keep getting told incorrect admin password even when I want to open the troubleshooter. I have changed my password in my Microsoft account and have tried using a variety of passwords in the past. How do I recover my...
  10. Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password: I am having trouble signing into Windows 10. A few days ago I noticed the system was running slow so I did a reset of Windows 10. When everything was ready to setup again, I set up my user account with my usual password, however, when asked if I wanted to link to my Microsoft...