Windows 10: Windows 10 Account Permission Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Account Permission Issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I was recently attempting to change my monitor color profile. I tried opening color management and it prompts me with the standard "you may not have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jewest30211, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Account Permission Issues

So I was recently attempting to change my monitor color profile. I tried opening color management and it prompts me with the standard "you may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item". I went to my user accounts and I made sure that I was an administrator (which I am). I just build this computer and I am the only person using it. I found a way into color management, however when I try to change apply the calibration settings I'm still prompted with the "enter an administrator username and password". I went to my user account and made myself the device owner to see if that would help anything. But now I cant do anything at all because it shows my account is a local guest account. I'm not an administrator anymore so I cant even edit my own account. This is very frustrating so I'm wondering if there's a way I can just disable permissions entirely on this pc. I really don't know if that's possible but seeing as Im the only user on this pc I would really just like to be able to do everything I want to on my pc without needing appropriate permissions.

:)

jewest30211, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Account Permission Issues :(

Zakin, Apr 21, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 Account Permission Issues

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Account Permission Issues

1. Windows 10 Account Permission Issues - Similar Threads - Account Permission Issues

2. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Permission Issues on administrator account: TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been...
  3. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Permission Issues on administrator account: TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been...
  4. Windows 10 Permission Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Permission Issues: In the past few days, I've been experiencing a multitude of problems when logged into my local account that I wonder may be related to each other. I first started noticing something was wrong whenever I tried to run something as administrator. There would be a delay of at...
  5. Windows 10 Permission issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Permission issues: Why is it that the user can't have access to Program files or for that matter the recycle bin on the root drive? And why would you make me pay 500 dollars an hour for help when you are forcing me to go to this latest and greatest product. For who I don't know....
  6. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Permissions Issues: Hi there, hoping someone can help, as this is driving me insane and I have Googled all over for a solution but with no success so far... I have multiple applications which refuse to save into a certain folder - I get an error message that permission is denied. I believe this...
  7. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Permissions Issues: Hi there, hoping someone can help, as this is driving me insane and I have Googled all over for a solution but with no success so far... I have multiple applications which refuse to save into a certain folder - I get an error message that permission is denied. I believe this...
  8. Permissions issue with a User account

Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  9. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...
  10. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Permissions Issues: I've noticed two issues issues related to permissions after the upgrade to Windows 10. I used the upgrade process using a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro, telling Windows 10 to keep nothing. It would appear to be the same file system, as windows.old existed after the upgrade....