Windows 10: windows 10 account

Discus and support windows 10 account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a laptop that my brother gave me, this laptop will also be used by my wife, so I want my wife to have her own administrator account and I want... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BenjaminBrown8, Jun 14, 2019.

1. windows 10 account

I have a laptop that my brother gave me, this laptop will also be used by my wife, so I want my wife to have her own administrator account and I want to have my account separately. How do I create a new account and become an administrator?

:)

BenjaminBrown8, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown windows 10 account :(

Zakin, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 account

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 account

1. windows 10 account - Similar Threads - account

2. How to delete Microsoft Windows Store account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to delete Microsoft Windows Store account: I recently bought a new computer because my last one got virus and there were 3-4 copies of every windows store app I had purchased on my computer. I get my new compute and I still have multiple copies of these apps and they don't work. Can I please get my store account...
  3. Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset: Hello! I have been browsing the internet for a while but was unable to find a solution to this one. Obviously resetting an AD password for one user is simple. But what if for example there was a computer in an imaginary company and there were 10 users who used the...
  4. Allow or deny Apps permission to access Account info, Name and Picture

in Windows 10 News
    Allow or deny Apps permission to access Account info, Name and Picture: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every application that we use in Windows 10 by default has its own set of permissions. It allows or denies the interactions between a few other applications based on its own needs. Sometimes, you may have noticed a message displayed [...] This post Allow or...
  5. Clean install without using either a MS account or a phone number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install without using either a MS account or a phone number: I haven't done a clean install in a while and today I can't figure out how to get past Windows 10 requiring either a Microsoft email account or a phone number. In the past I remember being able to choose to create a local account when first logging in, but that doesn't seem...
  6. Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...: After update, which happened without my agreeing to it, about 12 days ago I found neither Thunderbird nor Firefox Quantum was functioning. In Thunderbird, one of my accounts will not obtain new emails. My phone receives them. In Firefox, much of the text does not appear...
  7. Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC

Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC: Hello, how in the world is this happening? I have an account on a laptop that is local and I am the only administrator. On my desktop PC, I only have a single account which is a Microsoft account. Somehow, my desktop wallpaper has synced onto my laptop local account from...
  8. How to fix MS account that has no password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to fix MS account that has no password?: I was setting up a computer for my grandson and lost internet connection just as I was setting up his MS account. The name is in the system but no password and I cannot access it to set the pw. 136981
  9. I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security: Two Problems: 1. Whenever I try to verify my Windows account in setting a blank-black popup appears that never loads 2. When I try to setup Windows Hello under account protection in Windows Security, nothing pops up when I click the 'Set up' button 1:[ATTACH]2:[ATTACH]...
  10. I can't open Windows Security or Defender and I am unable to update or verify account...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Windows Security or Defender and I am unable to update or verify account...: Two Major Problems: You 1. Whenever I attempt to open Windows Defender or Windows Security I am greeted with a message saying, "You'll need a new message to open this windowsdefender link"[ATTACH]...