Windows 10: windows 10 account

Discus and support windows 10 account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a laptop that my brother gave me, this laptop will also be used by my wife, so I want my wife to have her own administrator account and I want... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BenjaminBrown8, Jun 14, 2019.

1. windows 10 account

I have a laptop that my brother gave me, this laptop will also be used by my wife, so I want my wife to have her own administrator account and I want to have my account separately. How do I create a new account and become an administrator?

:)

BenjaminBrown8, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown windows 10 account :(

Zakin, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 account

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 account

1. windows 10 account - Similar Threads - account

2. Account Was Hacked, And The Email And Password Was Changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account Was Hacked, And The Email And Password Was Changed: Is there any way you could help recover my account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? I believe someone has hacked it and changed the password so I cannot get in, please help!...
  3. "We can't sign in to your account" Pop Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't sign in to your account" Pop Up: Hi everyone!I turned on my computer yesterday to a pop up reading "We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost." The pop...
  4. Forgotten Microsoft Account with Windows 10 License Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forgotten Microsoft Account with Windows 10 License Key: Hello! I made a new account just to ask this question This time I secured my passwords. But I have an existing microsoft account which has a windows 10 retail key linked in it. It is still attached on the PC I am currently using, but unfortunately, I could not remember the...
  5. Error code when trying to set up Yahoo and Gmail accounts in Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code when trying to set up Yahoo and Gmail accounts in Windows Mail App: I get error code 0x8019019a for Yahoo and 0x80070490 for Gmail.I would prefer not to reset the app if possible, since I also have a university email account SOGo on the same app that took me hours to set up.Thanks in advance for your help....
  6. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts: Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this...
  7. Microsoft Account reset password logjam

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account reset password logjam: Hi all, Trying to help a friend with her Lenovo Ideapad320 laptop running v slow. Windows 10 home What I did was ran ccleaner with all selected. Then reflashed BIOS to Ver 5QCN24WW as suggested on lenovo support. Now it boots up ok but I get a message Your PIN is no longer...
  8. Recurring Microsoft Account Problem (Fix)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recurring Microsoft Account Problem (Fix)?: Every since the last 202H Win Update- I get this Fix Notification every day- I Googled & they suggested to turn off Nearby Sharing (not there?)/ Share Across devices options- this didn't help? 183212
  9. I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop: I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log in I get the message wrong password entered, please try again. I have tried every password I can think of but I seem to be...
  10. I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...: I have 2 laptops and 2 pcs all of which have windows 10 installed, reason is I am changing to new PC's that are able to use windows 11. I accidentally deleted my user account on my new laptop, thinking it was a secondary account and now I cannot log on. When I try to log on...