Windows 10: Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync

Discus and support Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone with Apple devices will know that using your Apple ID to sign in will seamlessly sync everything you choose between devices. Bookmarks, contacts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenWalker4, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync

Anyone with Apple devices will know that using your Apple ID to sign in will seamlessly sync everything you choose between devices. Bookmarks, contacts mail etc.

Now my Microsoft account has never done this. I have trawled the internet for a solution and never found one.

Windows 10 PC number 1 is signed into my Microsoft account with account sync turned on (with the exception of passwords)

I go to my other desktop (on the same network but in a different room and sign into my account, so I am signing into both machines with a MS account, not a local account.

On the account page under 'your info' both machines confirm that I am signed in.

If i go to manage my account online, only one machine is listed under my devices. The ONLY thing that has synced to my other machine is the account picture (avatar), nothing else. No apps, no themes, no desktop. Nothing.

I have run the account troubleshooter and it says 'passwords and apps' are turned off. - Correct, passwords are, but there isn't an option to turn on/off apps anywhere.

I even deleted my MS account and created a new one - still doesn't work. HOW annoying this is, when i look at my iPad and iPhone and it JUST WORKS!

I have both accounts signed in on the same MS account

I have two machines running Windows 10 on the same network (Private)

I have sync turned on on both machines

I have diagnostics and feedback settings (as suggested) set to 'Full' in my privacy settings

There are loads of threads on the internet about this fault but it seems no desire to correct it from Microsoft. It should just 'work', like Apple sync does.

:)

StevenWalker4, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync :(

Zakin, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync

1. Windows 10 Accounts DO NOT Sync - Similar Threads - Accounts Sync

2. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  3. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  4. Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account: I just got Forza 4 on my PC from Steam i can log into my Xbox account but it does not give me any option to sync accounts so I have my username and tunes but no cars levels or story progress does anybody have a solution that worked for them....
  5. Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account

Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account: I just got Forza 4 on my PC from Steam i can log into my Xbox account but it does not give me any option to sync accounts so I have my username and tunes but no cars levels or story progress does anybody have a solution that worked for them....
  6. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account not syncing after login: Hello, i have not used my microsoft account until recently i decided to login to my pc in the settings and i think its not syncing correctly. #1 the profile photo is not showing#2 it is asking me to constantly login after a restart or a shutdown/power on as if i am setting it...
  7. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not syncing after login: Hello, i have not used my microsoft account until recently i decided to login to my pc in the settings and i think its not syncing correctly. #1 the profile photo is not showing#2 it is asking me to constantly login after a restart or a shutdown/power on as if i am setting it...
  8. Microsoft account not syncing after login

9. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.: Not a question, but a new possible cause/solution discovered. Most other threads on this were locked now, so starting this one in case it helps someone else.So, I spent the better part of a day working on this issue and Googled the HECK out of this and always found the same...
  10. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.: Not a question, but a new possible cause/solution discovered. Most other threads on this were locked now, so starting this one in case it helps someone else.So, I spent the better part of a day working on this issue and Googled the HECK out of this and always found the same...