Windows 10: Windows 10 accounts & File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 accounts & File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New to windows 10, I have 2 accounts both in family. When I log into my account and open File explorer, I can see all the programs copied across from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bingo123, Jan 5, 2016.

1. bingo123 Win User

Windows 10 accounts & File Explorer

New to windows 10, I have 2 accounts both in family.
    When I log into my account and open File explorer, I can see all the programs copied across from my previous PC, e.g. music, pictures etc., however, when my wife logs into her account, and opens file explorer the folders are all empty.
    How do we share common files on a single PC using file explorer and not a network or OneDrive?

:)

bingo123, Jan 5, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Where are my Word and Excel (Office 7) files after I very stupidly "upgraded" to Windows 10?

Press Windows key + X

Click Programs and Features

Do you see your installed applications such as Microsoft Office?

Its possible you are logged into a temporary user account.

Enable 'Show hidden files and folders'

See instructions in the following article how to do so:

Windows
    10 Tip: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer

After doing so, look under C:\Windows.old if your files are there

If not, look in C:\Users if a user account might be there with your files.

If they are, copy them over.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Bingo, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Use the Public folders for that, it is the easiest way to allow all users of a single PC to access the same files. If you open the C:\Users folder you will see that there are so called profile folders for you, your wife and the third profile named Public. Move the music you want to share with your wife from C:\Users\YourUserprofile\Music to C:\Users\Public\Public Music, the images from C:\Users\YourUserprofile\Pictures to C:\Users\Public\Public Pictures, and so on.

In Windows all users have an automatic access to all content in Public folders.

Kari, Jan 6, 2016
  5. bingo123 Win User
    Thank you Kari,
    Being new to accounts your answer is both prompt and relevant. I have read so many articles on windows 10 yet haven't come across yours. I will update PC at the weekend.
    Sincere thanks for the quick reply.

bingo123, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Jan 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Thank you. It's been a long time and have completely forgotten about Public folder.

davidhk, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

You are welcome. For the simple file sharing among the users of the same single PC, the Public folders is absolutely the easiest way.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 accounts & File Explorer - Similar Threads - accounts File Explorer

2. File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account: A family member’s Windows 10 22H2 Dell Latitude 7280 laptop refuses to start File Explorer, both from command prompt and on Windows startup for any administrator account, causing the desktop to be just a black screen from which I can launch any program except for File...
  3. File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account: A family member’s Windows 10 22H2 Dell Latitude 7280 laptop refuses to start File Explorer, both from command prompt and on Windows startup for any administrator account, causing the desktop to be just a black screen from which I can launch any program except for File...
  4. File Explorer not working for Windows 10 admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10: I'm able to open file explorer on my main account, but trying to oepn it on another account on the same PC if Win key + E is pressed will cause: Explorer.exe Windows cannot find 'null'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Alternatively if you press the...
  6. Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10: I'm able to open file explorer on my main account, but trying to oepn it on another account on the same PC if Win key + E is pressed will cause: Explorer.exe Windows cannot find 'null'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Alternatively if you press the...
  7. Unable to open file explorer on other accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account: I created a new family account for my mum, but some of the the icons on the taskbar are wrong or missing altogether and there's no easy way to access folders in the File Explorer application i.e. there are is icon on her taskbar. 174350
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer

in Cortana
    Windows 10 File Explorer: 2 days ago, Windows 10 File Explorer stopped working. The green loading bar and "working on it" are displayed when File Explorer opens, but it never finishes, and while it's "working on it" I can't access any of the File Explorer tools e.g., Options. Maybe coincidentally,...
  10. File Explorer - Account Unkown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Explorer - Account Unkown: Olhando em propriedades, seguranca, groups or user names, do meu computador o Windows exibe conta desconhecida imagem a seguir. Como obter passo a passo para eliminar do computador com Windows 10 Home versao 1909? Creio que eu perguntei isso ha muitos meses atras... As...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to log into accounts using file explorer windows 10

2. two accounts on file explorer