Windows 10: Windows 10 Accounts Setup

Discus and support Windows 10 Accounts Setup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ver.19042.928 I have a PC with an Admin account and a local Account, but obviously when I try to make any change to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Steveh24, May 12, 2021.

1. Steveh24 Win User

Windows 10 Accounts Setup

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ver.19042.928 I have a PC with an Admin account and a local Account, but obviously when I try to make any change to the local account it asks me for the Admin account and password, which is fine if it's just my PC, but I have to deploy new company PC's that have an Admin account so I can always login even if the user messes things up, but I also want the user to add printers, install software etc, but I don't want them to have the Admin account details, so how can I give them the access they need without making them an Admin or giving them Admin details Can this be controlled by Group Policy or a different level of Admin rights, or did Microsoft not think about this problem

:)

Steveh24, May 12, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Accounts Setup :(

Zakin, May 12, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 12, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Accounts Setup - Similar Threads - Accounts Setup

2. I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer: I have a microsoft account setup, I have two computers that I use daily, The oldest computer shows up on my Microsoft acct. How do I add the other one, that is a Dell 9020 W/ win 10...
  3. I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer: I have a microsoft account setup, I have two computers that I use daily, The oldest computer shows up on my Microsoft acct. How do I add the other one, that is a Dell 9020 W/ win 10...
  4. Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...: Hi. I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11 home which I have upgraded to 11 Pro. If I look at the licence in settings it shows Win 11 pro as activated. If I now try to setup my work account I can see the option in settings to add a school or work account, and...
  5. Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...

Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...: Hi. I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11 home which I have upgraded to 11 Pro. If I look at the licence in settings it shows Win 11 pro as activated. If I now try to setup my work account I can see the option in settings to add a school or work account, and...
  6. Can't setup new Windows 11 install as I can't connect to the MS account and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't setup new Windows 11 install as I can't connect to the MS account and the...: This is a new Windows 11 pro install. I created a new user with an existing MS account. It wants me to use the authenticator app, which I tried a thousand times, but I don't get the notifications. I don't particularly want to use the authenticator app. We do have email 2 step...
  7. Can't setup new Windows 11 install as I can't connect to the MS account and the...

Can't setup new Windows 11 install as I can't connect to the MS account and the...: This is a new Windows 11 pro install. I created a new user with an existing MS account. It wants me to use the authenticator app, which I tried a thousand times, but I don't get the notifications. I don't particularly want to use the authenticator app. We do have email 2 step...
  8. Printer Installation: Admin or User Account for Server Setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Installation: Admin or User Account for Server Setup?: When installing a network printer, should it be installed using the administrator account or a user account?Any suggestions?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-installation-admin-or-user-account-for/738cc606-6f52-4897-b685-8e5f3d7bacaf
  9. Printer Installation: Admin or User Account for Server Setup?

Printer Installation: Admin or User Account for Server Setup?: When installing a network printer, should it be installed using the administrator account or a user account?Any suggestions?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-installation-admin-or-user-account-for/738cc606-6f52-4897-b685-8e5f3d7bacaf
  10. Printer Installation: Admin or User Account for Server Setup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware