Windows 10: windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...

Discus and support windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My newer Windows 10 PC worked fine when I shut it off last night, but having issues this morning. I am now using my old XP machine. Got a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianJuntikka, Oct 15, 2020.

1. windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...

My newer Windows 10 PC worked fine when I shut it off last night, but having issues this morning. I am now using my old XP machine. Got a message that said "we will reboot it for you" but it didn't happen. I tried shutting it on and off several times, but no luck.

If I could get into safe mode, or somehow use system restore, that might fix the problem, but I have no idea how to get to that point. Machine is running but no signal to screen and mouse pointer light not on.

:)

BrianJuntikka, Oct 15, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Mike_Keys Win User
    Mike_Keys, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...

1. windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it... - Similar Threads - acer desktop won't

2. I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...: I have purchased a second-hand laptop and I can't activate Windows 10. A reoccurring message pops up saying windows is not activated and "we cannot activate windows since you are not connected to your organizations activation server. please connect to your organizations...
  3. I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...: I have purchased a second-hand laptop and I can't activate Windows 10. A reoccurring message pops up saying windows is not activated and "we cannot activate windows since you are not connected to your organizations activation server. please connect to your organizations...
  4. I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We recommend windows 11 for you message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We recommend windows 11 for you message: Hi yall! I have a samsung notebook NP750QUB and when i tried tonopen it it showed this message. I restarted it, shutdown, forced shutdown and still take show this message and theres no x button or no way to close it. I clicked task manager and it showed only the hour glass...
  6. We recommend windows 11 for you message

We recommend windows 11 for you message: Hi yall! I have a samsung notebook NP750QUB and when i tried tonopen it it showed this message. I restarted it, shutdown, forced shutdown and still take show this message and theres no x button or no way to close it. I clicked task manager and it showed only the hour glass...
  7. We recommend windows 11 for you message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10

Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10: Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case. Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... screen still on but displays...
  9. Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10: Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case. Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... (screen still on but displays...
  10. Error message in booting windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in booting windows 10: Hi, I am getting this error message windows/system32/osloader.efi is missing or corrupted.Please proceed with startup repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-in-booting-windows-10/3bfaf1cb-5e62-4008-adc4-995f28cea203