Windows 10: Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]Hi, i am having issues with my acer nitro 5 laptop. it recently started glitching out when touching the shell of the laptop, i had to hard re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nathc24, Nov 24, 2019.

1. nathc24 Win User

Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues

Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues [​IMG]Hi,

i am having issues with my acer nitro 5 laptop.

it recently started glitching out when touching the shell of the laptop, i had to hard re boot it each time it did this.

now it wont even boot up, it loads to just before i would enter my password and all i get is a black screen with my cursor.

so i tried to go in to windows repair environment, but now it wont even load in to this. I get to this screen but it just does nothing, i left it for hours hoping something would load but nothing, i then tried the alt f-10 method also but all i get is the exact same screen but with a please wait message instead.

the only thing i can access is bios, not sure if there is something i can do on there to get somewhere?

hopefully someone can help, sorry if i haven’t made my issue clear!

:)

nathc24, Nov 24, 2019
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues

1. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop Boot

2. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  3. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  4. Acer laptop internet issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop internet issue: I have a problem with my browser, when I download apps on Microsoft edge I get an error of a blue circle with an "i" in it on the downloading arrow and the app fails to download, please assist....
  5. Bluetooth issues on an acer laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issues on an acer laptop: I just got a new acer laptop. Whenever i connect my Bluetooth earphones within about 5-10 mins the earphones stop playing audio. its still connected but it just stops playing any sound. I always have to troubleshoot the Bluetooth every 10 mins for it to work and the image...
  6. Acer laptop boot loop windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer laptop boot loop windows 10: Daughters laptop quit working while watching youtube. Now when started will show acer screen with circle going round or same screen with starting automatic repair. Will go for a while then blue screen with mssg computer will restart, but shuts off and doesn't restart, bottom...
  7. ACER Laptop issues after Windows 10 Update Version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACER Laptop issues after Windows 10 Update Version 1903: I originally purchased my ACER laptop at the Microsoft store in Tysons Corner. They always provided AMAZING customer service. Shortly after I downloaded the latest update, my laptop would turn on, but only to the start up screen and then it would just continously show the...
  8. Acer Win10 laptop will not boot code 0x000021a

Acer Win10 laptop will not boot code 0x000021a: My laptop has been sitting unused for awhile and now that i need it, it will not boot up. It starts the boot and then gives me the blue screen and the 0x000021a code. Startup Repair does not work. I attempted to use System Restore, but neither available Restore Point works....
  9. acer windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    acer windows 10 laptop: cannot access excel nor word in laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-windows-10-laptop/9ea65a86-1236-4ad9-a5e7-2e56d9926f14
  10. Acer laptop extended booting

Acer laptop extended booting: Hi guys . I have an acer travel mate P253-M and after a windows 10 update and a fault with the charger terminals , when switching it on, takes so much time even up to 30 minutes of loading before the acer screen pops up and at the same time the disc tray keeps making the...