Windows 10: Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound

Discus and support Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Like the title said, it detected sound but its not picking sound.To be more clear, I will list down all the problems.1 The Windows 10 Acer Laptop can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaydenLoke, May 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound

Like the title said, it detected sound but its not picking sound.To be more clear, I will list down all the problems.1 The Windows 10 Acer Laptop can detect the microphone.2 It can't pick up any sound.3 There is a mic section in the Volume Mixer.\4 If I turn up the volume in the volume mixer, it will make a strange sound.5 I tried all the basic ways. such as troubleshooting, updating driver, checking whether the mic is muted, checking the microphone default, checking whether the mic is plugged nicely, there is no mute button in my laptop, the mic volume is default, search up the internet

:)

JaydenLoke, May 12, 2021

2. Microphone is picking up the laptop's sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10.

I understand your concern about using Microphone as expected on Windows 10, we will assist you with this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select the
      Recording Devices menu.

• In the Recording
      tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties.

• Select the Levels Tab. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes click on Ok.

If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.

Method 2:

• Right click on Start to open the Power User Menu.

• Click on Control panel and then on
      Sound.

• Click on the Communication tab in the sound window. You will see four options under
      When Windows detects Communication activities.

• Click on the radio button next to
      Do nothing. Click on Apply and then
      OK. You might need to restart the computer to implement the changes.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2021
  3. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, May 12, 2021
  4. JacenBoy Win User

Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound

Microphone not detecting sound

I'm having issues with microphones on my computer not picking up sound. They appear in the device manager fine, but aren't detecting any sound.

This has occurred with several different microphones, including the built-in microphone, two USB microphones, and a 3.5mm microphone. Headphones and the speakers work fine as well.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and has noticed no difference. I have also confirmed that the microphones are unmuted in the sound options.

JacenBoy, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound

1. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop Detected

2. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  3. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  4. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop microphone picking up all sounds.!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop microphone picking up all sounds.!!: My Lenovo laptop picking up all sounds that playing in background..Such as while playing Games connected in Discord or in Google meet, my friends also hears what I hear.. Help me to solve this issue.. Thanks in advance..!!! Ps:- It's not My headphone issue or Discord issue.....
  6. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  7. Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up

Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up: So I have been having issues with new computer trying to get my microphone sorted. I have a Turtle Beach wired headset and have an audio splitter connecting it to my desktop. I first tried the front panel connectors and then tried the audio panel on the motherboard at the...
  8. Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice.

Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice.: Hey all, this problem has been bothering me for quite a while. Thanks in advance. I have tried the following things while searching through the internet: Disabled and Enabled my microphone Set my microphone as standard device Triple-checked my Audio drivers Tested my...
  9. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  10. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...