Windows 10: Windows 10 Acer Swift 3 Nvidia MX150 BSOD Since 1809 upgrade. Still occurring in 1903 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Acer Swift 3 Nvidia MX150 BSOD Since 1809 upgrade. Still occurring in 1903 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Below is a description of the problem ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Unfortunately, I have not had a response from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ssorevets, Jul 18, 2019.

1. ssorevets Win User

Windows 10 Acer Swift 3 Nvidia MX150 BSOD Since 1809 upgrade. Still occurring in 1903 upgrade

Below is a description of the problem

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unfortunately, I have not had a response from someone who can escalate this issue with Microsoft. Long story short, I have had the above laptop since August 2018 which was preinstalled with 1803. The system comes with a i5 8250u, 8GB ram, 250GB M2 SSD and a MX150 Nvidia. The laptop works perfectly on Windows 10 1803 with no BSODs or any error messages. On upgrading to 1809 the system will crash either when installing the nvidia driver or once a game or 3d application has finished using the nvidia GPU. For example, I can run a game for one hour with good temperatures and no graphics abnormalities; everything seems normal. However once the game or photoshop has been closed and I am back on the desktop using the intel GPU, a BSOD VIDEO_DXGKNL_FATAL_ERROR is always shown. This does not happen with 1803, and this does not happen when using a Linux OS.

All different drivers from acer, intel, nvidia have been tried, uninstalled and re-tried. It does not matter which driver I install as they do not fix the problem. This issue that I am experiencing has been discussed on this MS community website, and on the acer forums. The only resolution thus far is to rollback to 1803 where the system is 100% stable. Tonight I decided to read about the new 1903 update that is soon to be released. I am currently signed up to the Windows Insider Program and have updated to the latest preview build. Tonight I have found that the same issue when installing the GPU, or once a application/game has finished using the GPU my system will GSOD / BSOD just like 1809. This issue has been ongoing since 1809 with lots of users posting about this problem when using a google search. I am now currently at a complete loss as the issue does not seem to have been fixed, or had the attention from someone who could possibly put measures in place to fix this. I have disabled the Nvidia GPU in device manager so that I am able to type this post without having tons of BSODs when only a web browser is open. Since I have moved to 1809 and 1903; tonight I have had over 20 BSODs with five of them happening after entering the login pin at the password screen. Once the nvidia gpu is disabled and I am only using the Intel GPU, the system is 100% stable but without the high performance from the nvidia GPU. I really appreciate anyone who can assist me with this further.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The above problem has been reported on a number of Forums, but basically the same problem.

The only known fixes that have worked appear to be to go back to Windows 10 1803, the disable any further Windows updating. Or to disable the Nvidia MX150 device. None of these fixes are a permanent solution for myself.

This problem started with Windows 10 1809 release, and is still a problem with Windows 10 release1903.

Do Microsoft know about this problem? Is it being addressed? Have Microsoft put out any information regarding this problem? When will it be fixed?

:)

ssorevets, Jul 18, 2019

2. BSOD everytime I install Nvidia driver

hello all, my laptop Acer swift 3 SF314-54g recently get a bluescreen with code driver power state failure and video dxgkrnl everytime I install Nvidia driver

My device spec is :

core i3-7020u

GeForce MX150

8GB ram

windwows 10 1809

and I already try 4 nvidia driver and it keep get BSOD driver power state failure and video dxgkrnl

for the minidump files Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

dwikydarma, Jul 18, 2019
  3. My laptop get blue screen (BSOD) video_dxgkrnl and driver_power_state_failure everytime I restart my laptop

Hello microsoft, I have Acer Swift 3 54g, recently my laptop always got bluescreen when I restart my laptop and it happen after I upgrade my RAM, update windows 10 to 1809, and update my nvidia driver I don't know wich one that make my laptop get BSOD

My laptop specification :

Core i3-7020u

Nvidia MX150

4gb ram (and I already upgrade the ram become 8gb)

Thanks

dwikydarma, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Johnny BG Win User

Windows 10 Acer Swift 3 Nvidia MX150 BSOD Since 1809 upgrade. Still occurring in 1903 upgrade

Acer Swift SF314-54G .. BSOD Stop Code VIDEO_DXGKNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hello everyone, I tried to continue with a previous post from a user who was experiencing the same issue with the same laptop as myself.

I commented about my issue at the end of this post to try and save duplicate posts BSOD everytime I install Nvidia driver

Unfortunately, I have not had a response from someone who can escalate this issue with Microsoft. Long story short, I have had the above laptop since August 2018 which was preinstalled with 1803. The system comes with a i5 8250u, 8GB ram, 250GB M2 SSD and
    a MX150 Nvidia. The laptop works perfectly on Windows 10 1803 with no BSODs or any error messages. On upgrading to 1809 the system will crash either when installing the nvidia driver or once a game or 3d application has finished using the nvidia GPU. For example,
    I can run a game for one hour with good temperatures and no graphics abnormalities; everything seems normal. However once the game or photoshop has been closed and I am back on the desktop using the intel GPU, a BSOD VIDEO_DXGKNL_FATAL_ERROR is always shown.
    This does not happen with 1803, and this does not happen when using a Linux OS.

All different drivers from acer, intel, nvidia have been tried, uninstalled and re-tried. It does not matter which driver I install as they do not fix the problem. This issue that I am experiencing has been discussed on this MS community website, and on
    the acer forums. The only resolution thus far is to rollback to 1803 where the system is 100% stable. Tonight I decided to read about the new 1903 update that is soon to be released. I am currently signed up to the Windows Insider Program and have updated
    to the latest preview build. Tonight I have found that the same issue when installing the GPU, or once a application/game has finished using the GPU my system will GSOD / BSOD just like 1809. This issue has been ongoing since 1809 with lots of users posting
    about this problem when using a google search. I am now currently at a complete loss as the issue does not seem to have been fixed, or had the attention from someone who could possibly put measures in place to fix this. I have disabled the Nvidia GPU in device
    manager so that I am able to type this post without having tons of BSODs when only a web browser is open. Since I have moved to 1809 and 1903; tonight I have had over 20 BSODs with five of them happening after entering the login pin at the password screen.
    Once the nvidia gpu is disabled and I am only using the Intel GPU, the system is 100% stable but without the high performance from the nvidia GPU. I really appreciate anyone who can assist me with this further.

Thanking everyone

Johnny BG, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Acer Swift 3 Nvidia MX150 BSOD Since 1809 upgrade. Still occurring in 1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - Acer Swift Nvidia

2. ACER SWIFT 3 laptop crippled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER SWIFT 3 laptop crippled: Ever since Windows 11, version 23H2 was installed on my Acer SWIFT 3 my lap top has been performing like a 3-legged dog with gout. I uninstalled the update, but no better. Cursor new stutters across the screen until I restart have to do this numerous times per day. I also...
  3. Camera not working on Acer Swift 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working on Acer Swift 3: sf314-42. I have windows 11. When I go on the camera it says you need a media feature pack that fails to install. Camera access has been turned on. I suspect it was after a windows update but I cannot roll back more than two updates....
  4. Webcam not working on Acer Swift 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam not working on Acer Swift 3: The webcam is not working, with the error code 0xA00F4244.I've tried checking device manager, the Camera option is not showing up there, neither with View > Show hidden devices. I believe it to be a problem with the driver....
  5. Webcam not working on Acer Swift 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam not working on Acer Swift 3: The webcam is not working, with the error code 0xA00F4244.I've tried checking device manager, the Camera option is not showing up there, neither with View > Show hidden devices. I believe it to be a problem with the driver....
  6. Which is the safe version of Nvidia MX250 driver for Acer Swift 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is the safe version of Nvidia MX250 driver for Acer Swift 3?: Hello fellow redditors, If you own an Acer Swift 3 (Model: SF314-55G) and running it on Windows 10 with Intel Core i5 8265U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD and Nvidia MX250 GPU, could you tell me which version of Nvidia graphics driver are you using (without any issues eg. freezing,...
  7. Acer swift 3 no boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer swift 3 no boot: Hi, I have an acer swift 3 SF314-52 and I woke up one day and it wouldnt respond to anything but the blue light would indicate it was on. I tried all the obvious like the battery pin hole. That also seemed to do nothing so I decided I would take it all apart and reseat...
  8. Windows 10 1809 to 1903 upgrad

Windows 10 1809 to 1903 upgrad: I have a number of Windows 10 systems that need to be upgraded from 1809 to 1909. The issue is that they cannot be connected to the internet and the upgrade keeps failing because it tries to connect to get libraries. Is there an upgrade I can use that does not require a...
  9. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  10. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer swift 3 graphics card driver 1809