Windows 10: Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed

Discus and support Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop with no external keyboard, however recently, its acting as if down key is constantly pressed , especially in start menu ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by varunbell, Apr 27, 2021.

1. varunbell Win User

Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed

I have a windows 10 laptop with no external keyboard, however recently, its acting as if down key is constantly pressed , especially in start menu , settings menu etc, however it dosent happen in files manger etcI've tried restarting, updating, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard driver, safe boot everything and nothing fixes it

:)

varunbell, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

1 I agree that this is a problem. That context menu should only appear if shift-right-click is pressed.

2 I assume you do not have any utilities like Classic shell running that affect the user interface?

3 I suggest going to your computer maker, getting a new copy of the graphics driver & installing it.

4 Does this problem affect others users? If you don't know then create one and test it.

5 Do you have an alternative mouse/touchpad that you can try?

6 Are there any warning triangles in Device manager or any group calledOther devices?

Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed [​IMG]

Denis

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed

1. Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed - Similar Threads - acting down key

2. My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it: My crtl keys Acts like i press it. I've try many troubleshooting process but still the crtl keys are popping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-crtl-keys-acts-like-im-pressing-it/8016dc98-e069-472c-aaa8-139dc19d21ef
  3. My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it: My crtl keys Acts like i press it. I've try many troubleshooting process but still the crtl keys are popping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-crtl-keys-acts-like-im-pressing-it/8016dc98-e069-472c-aaa8-139dc19d21ef
  4. acting as if a down button is pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acting as if a down button is pressed.: my computer is acting as if a down button is pressed. i have unplugged all peripherals and restarted the computer. i made sure sticky keys ease of access is off. i cant try some solutions as it keeps arrowing down....
  5. acting as if a down button is pressed.

acting as if a down button is pressed.: my computer is acting as if a down button is pressed. i have unplugged all peripherals and restarted the computer. i made sure sticky keys ease of access is off. i cant try some solutions as it keeps arrowing down....
  6. My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.

My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.: I have a HP Spectre x360 that I've owned for 2 years now. Recently when I try to use the keyboard, on-screen keyboard, or a USB attached keyboard, my laptop will think that I constantly have the Ctrl or Fn keys pressed down. If I click H in the Google Chrome search bar by...
  7. Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed: [ATTACH] I am having this issue for quite some time now, where it looks like some key is pressed but its actually not, I have unplugged all the input devices and still having this problem. The issue goes away after a restart and comes back after using the system for a...
  8. Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not: Hey guys, I've been experiencing an issue with my pc Windows 10 recently where my computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when in fact it is not. For example, typing "w" in a web browser executes the CTRL + w command, and so forth. Viewing the onscreen keyboard...
  9. Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

Windows acts like Windows Key is held down: As the topic says. My Win 10 sometimes thinks that the Windows Key is pressed permanently and starts to open APPS and Functions when i press the key that is bound to it, like s for search function. Tried many things in the last couple of days. Disconnecting and then...
  10. Windows 10 sometimes acts as if windows key is pressed down?

Windows 10 sometimes acts as if windows key is pressed down?: Sometimes windows acts as if my windows key is pressed down and does shortcuts when I press a letter. This has happened with 2 different keyboards, one of which is new. Things I've tried: Restarting the PC. This fixes the problem, but it comes back eventually. Reinstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 button keeps being pressed