Windows 10: Windows 10 acting really slow

Discus and support Windows 10 acting really slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, When I come to start to use my computer I load up into windows 10 and it seems to be laggy and slow, taking even the simplest apps ages to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bobl12, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Bobl12 Win User

Windows 10 acting really slow

Hey guys,

When I come to start to use my computer I load up into windows 10 and it seems to be laggy and slow, taking even the simplest apps ages to load and I'm insure why as it was working last night when I used it last

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

:)

Bobl12, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 creators update takes so much time to install

I'm having the same problem, I'm currently on 6 hours and haven't got passed 65% for installation and my system is really acting slow on top of it!

Kelly Carter 999, Jul 31, 2015
  3. today I was trying to refresh my emails and it came up with the Code 0x0505004

Original Tilte - Code 0x05050041

Ever since I've downloaded Windows 10 on to my laptop it has been acting really slow. Then since last Friday (4th of December) every time I turn on my laptop it would say that it wasn't connected to a Windows Server. Then today I was trying to refresh my
    emails and it came up with the Code 0x0505004. Not sure what to do?

RachLawrence, Jul 31, 2015
  4. MGR
    MGR Win User

Same issue at the moment. The Performance part of the TaskMan doesn't show to any app culprits although the task "system" sometimes hogs up to 90% of the disk.

Tried reboots, reg cleaners, clearing my apps from startup via msconfig and its still slow as hell. Chrome is unusable, edge works at a crawl.

Any tips would be immensely appreciated!

Cheers

5. anarkoi Win User
    I read some guys posted to format and do a clean install with win 10.
    Havent tried though so I cant confirm that.

anarkoi, Aug 6, 2015
  6. WOZ
    Woz Win User
    I bit the bullet and started a clean install on my desktop PC yesterday. I don't have all my apps installed yet, but I have had no problems with slow-downs. Comparing the upgrade to the clean install, the speed difference is very noticeable.

I upgraded from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. First, I did an in-place upgrade to make sure all my applications worked. That gave an easy path to roll back to 7 if needed. All my apps worked in 10, but some were very slow. Explorer, Chrome, and Edge were the worst offenders. Occasionally, right-clicking the task bar to bring up task manager would take 10 seconds or longer. My old laptop (clean "insider" install of 10) with lower specs was blazing fast compared to the much more powerful desktop PC. That told me I needed to do the clean install on the desktop PC.

Of course, YMMV.

7. WOZ
    Woz Win User
    Your Mileage May Vary

8. Windows 10 acting really slow

Have you tried disabling sharing Windows Updates via p2p?
    How to stop Windows 10 from using your PC's bandwidth to update strangers' systems | PCWorld

I guess, you have tried CCleaner/WiseCare. Run this via CMD as admin:
    Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  9. I did get Quicken to load much quicker by running compatibility checker in it's program properties. Win changed compatibility setting after running troubleshooter. Try this for slow loading apps.
    Still high cpu and disk usage going on. Seems to be background system process which I can't nail down.

lagunasrfr, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Exhile Win User
    My Windows 10 machine is also very slow. Chrome and Edge are not as quick as when I first had Windows 10 installed.

Exhile, Aug 17, 2015
  11. Runtime broker process using 30-40% of cpu when no programs or apps running. This is a big complaint with no real solution. Some think it was a recent security update. I end the process and cpu slows to normal but then it comes back. Computer runs with fan a lot. This has to be slowing it down. Printing also much slower than before I upgraded.

lagunasrfr, Aug 17, 2015
  12. lagunasrfr, Aug 19, 2015
  13. Windows 10 acting really slow

Well, I guess I need to a clean install. I am not happy w/the speed of my PC. It's a decent machine AMD A6, 8gb memory and Samsung 840 SSD but it's too laggy w/W10. W7 was quick.

ChrisPbass, Aug 20, 2015
  14. ChrisPbass try installing the KBs I mentioned.

lagunasrfr, Aug 21, 2015
  15. I am not having problems with runtime broker. Do you still think the kbs would help?

ChrisPbass, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 acting really slow - Similar Threads - acting really slow

2. My keyboard is acting really weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is acting really weird.: The keys in it are just messed up. Here are my two problems:-1. Caps lock light is not showing2. MAJOR PROBLEM upon typing keys give wrong input such as -->* p to 9p*5 to r*6 to u and in the number pad 6 to 9*/ to m/*0 to j0 Note: Unless specified, numbers are not from the...
  3. My windows is acting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows is acting really weird: So, about a month ago I started having trouble when restarting my windows. I would restart it, it would bluescreen, troubleshoot, and things would go back to normal for a few weeks, then I would need to restart for some application or other occurrence and it would bluescreen...
  4. My windows is acting really weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows is acting really weird: So, about a month ago I started having trouble when restarting my windows. I would restart it, it would bluescreen, troubleshoot, and things would go back to normal for a few weeks, then I would need to restart for some application or other occurrence and it would bluescreen...
  5. My windows is acting really weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows upgrades are really slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrades are really slow: Why the Windows upgrade process without download time from 1909 to 2004 takes more than 4 hours to be applied where on the same machine with Manjaro KDE the upgrade process withotu download time of the whole system with its all installed apps takes less than 6min ?...
  7. Windows 10 is acting really weird

Windows 10 is acting really weird: I'm using Windows 10.Since a few days ago my laptop started to act really weird. 1. If I write something it gets backspaced on its own. 2. Whenever I open a folder it keeps going backward and forward as if it's working on its own There is no virus detected on the system....
  8. Explorer really slow - windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer really slow - windows 10: I am having an odd issue. Opening windows explorer takes several minutes. Even if I just try to save something in an application. I'm at a loss. Things I've tried: Rebuilding the index Unpinning everything from quick access Running these commands in powershell: DISM...
  9. The Windows 10 "Photos" App is really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows 10 "Photos" App is really slow.: I just got a fresh new Windows 10 PC lately and I've started transferring my files in it. Some of them are photos that I backup just in case. Sometimes when I upload a photo I tend to have multiple shots. I view them one by one, and if I find the best one I keep it and...
  10. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 phone acting slow