Windows 10: Windows 10 acting strange after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 acting strange after reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there! I recently got my Windows 10 PC from out of my closet and powered it on to discover Windows couldn't load. After the spinning circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewLopez5, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 acting strange after reset

Hello there! I recently got my Windows 10 PC from out of my closet and powered it on to discover Windows couldn't load. After the spinning circle bootscreen, the screen stayed completely black.

I started the computer to find out safe mode worked. No Metro apps would run, which makes me believe all of my metro apps are broken, the regular Start menu wouldn't show up either, so I had to use Win+X. For some reason, i couldn't uninstall any of my apps either.

I figured I might as well reset the PC, and the reset option seemed to work okay until the computer rebooted and showed me a screen for 2 minutes Installing Windows. It was at 3% for a while and it seemed to just randomly reboot.

Once it rebooted and the spinning circle was finished, my cursor showed up for a while. Then it restarted again.

Can anyone explain to me whats going on and how I can just try to do a clean install? I've been stuck on a black screen for a while now.

:)

MatthewLopez5, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2020
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 acting strange after reset

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 acting strange after reset :(

Zakin, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 acting strange after reset

1. Windows 10 acting strange after reset - Similar Threads - acting strange reset

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  4. Display acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  5. Windows apps acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps acting strange: Latley Ive had in issue with windows apps acting strange This is only in windows apps, Start Menu, Settings, Xbox Ive linked a video to showcase the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXs2wztCGS71yZ4WsClB9_ciYVse01-l/view?usp=sharing...
  6. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  7. Windows Security Acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Acting Strange: Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out: I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the ordinary there. With a recent update Windows security has been informing me when it blocks changes to the system. These blocks...
  8. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  9. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...
  10. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...