Windows 10: Windows 10 - "Activate Windows" error. I enter my Windows 7 product key and it tells me...

Discus and support Windows 10 - "Activate Windows" error. I enter my Windows 7 product key and it tells me... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a legit product key for en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65805 Why can't I activate my windows 10 using my windows 7 key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by js_24, Aug 25, 2018.

1. js_24 Win User

Windows 10 - "Activate Windows" error. I enter my Windows 7 product key and it tells me...

I have a legit product key for en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65805

Why can't I activate my windows 10 using my windows 7 key?

:)

js_24, Aug 25, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 25, 2018
  3. scope54 Win User
    Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

I've tried the opposite, was installing Win7 on a friends comp, my copy of win 7 (home premium) and his key (pro). When I entered the key, it gave me an error regarding versions. Skipping the initial key input also lead to a version error thing when Windows booted up. One big thing I noticed when I did that was it didn't let you choose the version to install if you skipped the key input. In short Vista lets you use whatever disc to install, 7 doesn't.

scope54, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - "Activate Windows" error. I enter my Windows 7 product key and it tells me...

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

No - Typically as far as I know, a Windows 7 Ultimate key will unlock Windows 7 Ultimate.

The thing is basically what is on the INSTALLATION disc is usually exactly the same no matter what version you buy, ALL the potential content is already on the disc, and it is the Product Key itself that tells the installer what options to install/how to install them, so that you land up with your specific product.

Take an Ultimate DVD, install , but enter a windows Home key, and you will most likely get a Home install.

... or am I 'trippin? Pro's weigh in?

BazookaJoe, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - "Activate Windows" error. I enter my Windows 7 product key and it tells me...

1. Windows 10 - "Activate Windows" error. I enter my Windows 7 product key and it tells me... - Similar Threads - Activate error enter

2. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  3. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  4. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  5. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  6. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10.: Can I use a Retail Windows 7 product key to Activate modern versions of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-product-key-to-activate-windows-10/974b3f04-c14b-485d-a3b8-db5991df29c9
  8. window 10 activate with window 7 product key

window 10 activate with window 7 product key: how can window 10 activate with window 7 product key.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-activate-with-window-7-product-key/06cd95f9-b779-4e3d-9e01-9aa76ca1dede
  9. Windows is not activated in spite entered product key .My version is Windows 10...

Windows is not activated in spite entered product key .My version is Windows 10...: Please help me connect to the organisations activation server. It says: We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue having...
  10. Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10

Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10: Hi, Hoping someone can help me? I have a dell pc which came with Windows 7 Home Prem OA MEA pre installed it has a product key on the computer box. Recently my original hard drive crashed and I cant even get it to boot, so I had to install a new hard drive and thought since...