Windows 10: Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought laptop with windows 10 installed. I opened minecraft and it asked me to login. After logging in, I realised that I also would like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OlegZabalujev, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account

Hi,

I just bought laptop with windows 10 installed. I opened minecraft and it asked me to login. After logging in, I realised that I also would like to register my windows 10 key to another account.

I found out, that logging into minecraft actually used the same credentials for windows 10 registration.

I like to have different account for gaming so I want to register windows 10 on another account, which is not being used for gaming.

How can I switch windows 10 key to another microsoft account now?

:)

OlegZabalujev, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account :(

Zakin, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...crosoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account

1. Windows 10 activated on wrong microsoft account - Similar Threads - activated wrong microsoft

2. Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account: Hi teamI recently created a new Microsoft account for a small company we have, and in de Birthdate field, I put the date when the company was created, which makes the accounts as a child less than 13 years. I need to change the birthdate now but the fields are gray-out and is...
  3. Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong birthdate on Microsoft account: Hi teamI recently created a new Microsoft account for a small company we have, and in de Birthdate field, I put the date when the company was created, which makes the accounts as a child less than 13 years. I need to change the birthdate now but the fields are gray-out and is...
  4. Activating Windows 10 after changing hardware - wrong account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 after changing hardware - wrong account: I recently changed some hardware in my PC and I went to reactivate my Windows 10. I ran the troubleshooter and clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently." but the page it brought me to asked me to enter the password for an account I have deleted. When I try to...
  5. Used wrong Microsoft account for activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used wrong Microsoft account for activation: Hi so I recently bought windows 10 home education for personal use on a new home computer. I made the mistake of activating the product key with my school email. My school email has a specific microsoft profile for students that can't be modified and also certain...
  6. Activate Windows forces wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows forces wrong Microsoft Account: Hi. When I go to Settings - Troubleshoot Activation, and click the message saying "I changed the hardware on this device recently" it will only allow me to log in with my personal hotmail address. But this PC belongs to my employer and was sent to my home from our office...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft account code wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Microsoft account code wrong: i'm really tired of this **** windows 10 when i tries to login my account it says password is incorrect so i had to change password and they say new password can't be old password lol so i changed my password and tries to login it says password is incorrect...
  8. Active Windows 10 by Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Active Windows 10 by Microsoft account: Hi I am hamza I am have windows 7 but is not working I went update it to windows 10 but I not have my product key of windows. My question is I can update windows 7 to 10 without product key? And my other question is I can active windows 10 by Microsoft account?...
  9. Microsoft account wrong computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account wrong computer: I just noticed that my Microsoft account, under "Devices," shows my computer as an HP Pavilion 15 notebook...but my computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop! The numerical ID is correct, just the description is wrong. Is that a problem??...
  10. something went wrong microsoft account windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    something went wrong microsoft account windows 10: i just wanted to sign in to my account today but the only thing that it says "something went wrong" any solution?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/something-went-wrong-microsoft-account-windows-10/c944368d-fefc-423b-818a-c2ecedce5e79"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activated wrong email account with win 10

2. windows 10 activation wrong account

3. wrong acc sign in windows activation

4. wrong administrator on computer windows 10,
  5. windows activated to wrong account,
  6. windows 10 activated to incorrect account,
  7. microsoft windows 10 activation wrong account,
  8. sign on wrong microsoft account on windows 10,
  9. created wrong microsoft account windows 10,
  10. wrong microsoft account windows 10