Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just built a new PC, upgraded my old boot SSD to a new one, but also complete new motherboard, so I realize activation issues occur. Since then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KillerNapkins, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build

I just built a new PC, upgraded my old boot SSD to a new one, but also complete new motherboard, so I realize activation issues occur. Since then I have tried every activation step I could find- I still get error code: 0xC0EA000A in the Windows Activation area- I get errors trying to purchase a new code from the store- and Troubleshoot doesn't come up with my device, although this current device is visible on my Microsoft account I tried removing the old device as well- I have a RETAIL key and that really isn't working I believe I updated from an old physical windows 7 copyI have basicall

:)

KillerNapkins, Feb 8, 2023
  2. terrypd Win User

activating a cloned SSD

I cloned my windows 10 drive to a new SSD and now it asks for activation.

I purchased the computer with windows 10 already on it and dont have the number what now/

terrypd, Feb 8, 2023
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Feb 8, 2023
  4. davnav Win User

Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build

1. Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build - Similar Threads - Activation 0xC0EA000A errors

2. Activation Error 0xC0EA000A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Error 0xC0EA000A: I got a Lenovo V14 G3 IAP Laptop - Type 82TS from the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme Pakistan 2023 and I recently checked my laptop from PC Health Check App and my laptop was eligible for Windows 11 update from my then installed Windows 10, so I kept checking my laptop for the...
  3. Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build: I just built a new PC, upgraded my old boot SSD to a new one, but also complete new motherboard, so I realize activation issues occur. Since then I have tried every activation step I could find- I still get error code: 0xC0EA000A in the Windows Activation area- I get errors...
  4. Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation 0xC0EA000A errors after cloning SSD for New PC build: I just built a new PC, upgraded my old boot SSD to a new one, but also complete new motherboard, so I realize activation issues occur. Since then I have tried every activation step I could find- I still get error code: 0xC0EA000A in the Windows Activation area- I get errors...
  5. Unable activate Windows, Error code 0xC0EA000A

Unable activate Windows, Error code 0xC0EA000A: Hi, I am unable to activate windows. I activated it the 1st time on this Lenovo laptop. The Storage type was configured at that time as RAID. I changed Storaget Type to AHCI in BIO and Windows was not able to boot anymore. I recovered it by booting in Safe mode by the way...
  6. Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc0ea000a

Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc0ea000a: Hi! I have an activation error that I need some help with. Unable to activate Windows It looks like the hardware on this device has changed. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again later. 0x0ea000a See image below: [ATTACH] The computer is a brand new...
  7. Error 0xc0ea000a, Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xc0ea000a, Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will have a look at the possible cause and what you can try to resolve the error code 0xc0ea000a – which is a Windows 10 activation error that you might be faced with if you recently changed [...] This post Error 0xc0ea000a, Unable to...
  8. Windows 10 activation error 0xc0ea000a

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation error 0xc0ea000a: So I was messing around with hackintosh and all of a sudden my Windows 10 isn’t activated? “It looks like the hardware on this device has changed. Make sure you’re connected to the internet and try again later. Error code: 0xC0EA000A” What gives? submitted by...
  9. Can't activate pre-installed Windows 10 on a new computer (error 0xC0EA000A)

Can't activate pre-installed Windows 10 on a new computer (error 0xC0EA000A): Hey, So I bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed, but it seems it's not activated. My version is 1803. I'm connected to the internet. Tried the troobleshooting tool which gives me error 0xC0EA000A. I used the command prompt to find the product key and tried...
  10. Activation after clone to SSD?

Activation after clone to SSD?: Sorry if this has been covered. laptop has Win 10 that was an free upgrade from Windows 7. If I clone to SSD will activation remain? I know if hardware changes will be an issue. I will backup key just in case, not sure it is needed. later hopefully a fresh install. I...