Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I am seeking guidance on setting up my new Windows 10 desktop PC. I would like to - [ATTACH] Link Microsoft Account to Digital License... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Linda1976, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Linda1976 Win User

Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?

Hello. I am seeking guidance on setting up my new Windows 10 desktop PC.

I would like to - Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option? af5b3387-aa6f-4976-a32f-3bb1fb863ba2?upload=true.jpg Link Microsoft Account to Digital License without Switching Local Account to Microsoft Account

Back in 2016, I remember Windows 10 providing an option to sign in with Local Account, but then being able to simply add your current MSA email address via settings to be able to digitally link up to have a valid Windows 10 Activation connected to your account. See image attached.

Is that option still in place in the latest build for Windows 10?

I like the idea of having a hybrid PC. Where I sign in locally but the activation is solidly in place.

I know that once you sign in with an MSA account you can't have that hybrid experience anymore. Its an all or nothing approach afterwards. Either you use MSA or switch to local account.

here is the link to the article I found where, in 2016 you could simply add the MSA account to link:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/link-microsoft-account-to-windows-10-digital-license.9924/

Does the current Windows 10 version accommodate this type of account configuration anymore?

:)

Linda1976, Oct 12, 2019
  2. KenMel Win User

Linking activation to MSA

I know what a digital license is and I know why I want it linked to my MS account (will be upgrading motherboard in a few months). I prefer a local account for personal reasons. That is not my question. If you read steps 1,2,3 in the following: Linking
    activation
    Microsoft gives very clear instructions on how to do this. The problem is in the tenforums.com website Tenforums
    they list 2 ways to do the same thing but using the method from the Microsoft site, it leads you to believe this will cause your Windows log in to switch to your MSA.

I want to know which is correct? I do not want to use my MSA to log into Windows on my home PC.

KenMel, Oct 12, 2019
  3. mxsimpson Win User
    Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my license with my MSA.
    On the device it's allright, now teh activitaion tab shows "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". But my MSA doesn't list this device in devices list. I have other devices activated that are listed, but not this one.
    Anyone know what's happening? Why my device is not listed in MSA?

mxsimpson, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?

3 questions about the activation stored in the Microsoft account (MSA)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?

1. Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option? - Similar Threads - Activation Add MSA

2. Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account: I've been struggling to activate Windows on my Windows 10 laptop. Under the activation tab in settings, I should click "add an account" in order to link my Microsoft account. However, there is no option to do so. The only things I can click are "troubleshoot," "change product...
  3. Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account: I've been struggling to activate Windows on my Windows 10 laptop. Under the activation tab in settings, I should click "add an account" in order to link my Microsoft account. However, there is no option to do so. The only things I can click are "troubleshoot," "change product...
  4. Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't check add microsoft account to activation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't check add microsoft account to activation Windows 10: I'm trying to reinstall a fresh version of Windows on my machine. Since I've upgraded from Windows 8 a while back and from what I understand I have a Windows Digital License that I need to connect to a Microsoft Account. My issue is two fold: Firstly, sometimes when I try...
  6. Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA: Hi I Bought a new laptop for my wife with windows 10 installed. I activated it with the cortana help. My wife did not have a google account and I activated it on my account, which was a mistake. She now has a googel account . Can I do the setup over with her google account?...
  7. Add a Microsoft account to Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Add a Microsoft account to Activation: I am running Windows 10 Pro and under: settings, update & security, activation. I am trying to "add a Microsoft account" to insure I can recover my digital copy if needed. However, when I follow the links and put in my data, I get a message that says "Oops, something went...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - no option to add user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - no option to add user account: Just did a clean install of Windows Pro 10 from a usb key and my option to add another account is not there. No family options...just manage my own account (administrator) Is there a fix or what do I do? How do I fix this? Do I need to reinstall and what options do I...
  9. Moving MSA account to Azure AD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moving MSA account to Azure AD: hi all - my wife's small business uses Office365 and I'm about to upgrade their PCs to Win10. One of the expected benefits is that they'll be able to login using their O365 credentials, whereas at the moment everyone has a MSA (blah.blah@outlook.com) to login in the PC, and...
  10. Changing MSA account question

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing MSA account question: I wanted to change my MSA account, @Outlook.com to a different outlook.com. I added another account with netplwiz, went to users, gave the new account the same security as my existing one. On the MS Account page > Manage how you sign in to Microsoft > Your Info I set this...