Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently changed my hardware of PC motherboard, CPU, ram which caused windows 10 to deactivate. I want to reactivate windows so the process I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jordenfeeney, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

I recently changed my hardware of PC motherboard, CPU, ram which caused windows 10 to deactivate.

I want to reactivate windows so the process I went through was:

Settings > Activation > Troubleshoot as "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0x803f700f" and I'm not going to repurchase windows because I already own one > I changed hardware on this device recently > Selected the device I'm using right now and clicked activate.

Right after I clicked activate the window changes to a message displaying "Unable to active Windows - We can't reactive Windows on this device. Try again later." Even though I am on the same Microsoft account, the troubleshoot detects my device and I tell it it's mine and to activate. No error codes, no other information or help or explanation. I have tried again later.

I do not know what to do to fix this. I have searched online but did not help.

Does anyone have a solution I need to reactivate my windows.

:)

jordenfeeney, Dec 2, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Dec 2, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

1. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows" - Similar Threads - Activation hardware change

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hi All, I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on my PC after changing the motherboard to another model. Error Code: 0xC004F211 was seen. I should be using a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I tried using the the Troubleshoot option but each time I do so, I...
  8. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows": I recently changed my hardware of PC (motherboard, CPU, ram) which caused windows 10 to deactivate. I want to reactivate windows so the process I went through was: Settings > Activation > Troubleshoot (as "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error...
  9. Unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change.

Unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hey! I recently made a hardware change changing motherboard, processor and RAM and since then i haven't been able to active my Windows 10. First problem was that when i did the troubleshoot it said that it cannot connect to the servers. This lasted for few...
  10. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and it broke my windows genuine. I've ran the troubleshooter and clicked on the "I've changed hardware" button, and it just times out on a error. Unable to activate windows We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't...