Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after hardware change isn't working.

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after hardware change isn't working. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC, I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PSU and RAM. Now my windows has been deactivation and I cannot activate it. I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 522222222222222222222, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 activation after hardware change isn't working.

I recently upgraded my PC, I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PSU and RAM. Now my windows has been deactivation and I cannot activate it.

I go to Settings, search and click on Activation settings where I'm greeted with the following error:

We can't activate Windows on this decice as the previous verson of windows was not actvated prior to upgrading to windows 10. Go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x:803F7001. Excuse the spellning-misstakes. I couldn't copy the message, so I just quickly typed it out.

Obviously I'm using a genuine version, and I find it quite strange that windows assumes I'm not.

Anyways, I click on troubleshoot to investigate the issue. It returns "We weren't able to activate Windwos on this device. You can activate this device by gong to the store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows". Again... I am using a genuine copy. But there's a helpful box below that I can click on "I changed hardware on this device recently" So I click on that, it loads for a while, and then it detects my PC. So I click on the checkbox "This is the device I'm using right now", and then I click on "Activate". It immediately returns "Unable to activate Windows" We can't reactivate Windows on this devic. Try again later.

Please help.

Best regards

:)

522222222222222222222, Dec 20, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically it should not activate if its a upgrade from an OEM license. But if you follow the phone automated number sequence hopefully it will work.

Windows 10 is tied to your hardware and you cannot upgrade a motherboard on an OEM license. (but it works with the phone activation) you can only replace the board with an identical board.

Jetster, Dec 20, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 10 activation after hardware change isn't working.

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

Thema:

Windows 10 activation after hardware change isn't working.

1. Windows 10 activation after hardware change isn't working. - Similar Threads - activation hardware change

2. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  3. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working

Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working: Hello,I recently bought an SSD. I installed Windows 10 Pro with a digital license and I made sure my account was linked as mentioned by Microsoft. On my fresh installation I logged in to my account and went for "troubleshoot" under update & security -> activation. I chose "I...
  6. Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working: Hello,I recently bought an SSD. I installed Windows 10 Pro with a digital license and I made sure my account was linked as mentioned by Microsoft. On my fresh installation I logged in to my account and went for "troubleshoot" under update & security -> activation. I chose "I...
  7. Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working

Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working: I am trying to migrate my windows 10 license retail windows 7 that was upgraded for free to my new hardware. I have done this once before and now I am getting this error: "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used...
  9. Activation not working after hardware change

Activation not working after hardware change: Hi. I followed the activation instructions for the hardware change, but activation does not work. I had linked the digital licence to Microsoft account before the hardware change. Now with new parts when I click the "troubleshoot" and "I changed hardware on this product...
  10. Changed hardware and now windows isn't activated.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed hardware and now windows isn't activated.: I've already gone through the built in trouble-shooting and I don't have any other accounts with this version of windows on it. I got my original computer from a friend about four years ago and swapped out everything except for the drives, so you can say I built a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 activation not working after device change

2. windows change hardware activation not working