Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i recently had a motherboard failure and had to move my hdd to another pc to get back up and running. I am now seeing an error saying to activate my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kurtwt, Mar 16, 2020.

1. kurtwt Win User

Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.

i recently had a motherboard failure and had to move my hdd to another pc to get back up and running. I am now seeing an error saying to activate my copy of windows. This was a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on the Microsoft website so I don't have an activation code to put in. How can I resolve this?

:)

kurtwt, Mar 16, 2020

2. Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.

Hi Nitin

Yes, that page does seem to suggest, you can do that, so you should follow the instructions on that page, which should ensure against activation problems after replacing the motherboard, Microsoft do generally provide a one time exemption to change a motherboard
    on an OEM licence . . .

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

Windows 10 is not activated after replacing motherboard ..

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right Click on Start icon, then click
    Run (Administrator)
    , then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement. - Similar Threads - activation motherboard replacement

2. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement: I just received my HP PC back after the motherboard was replaced. The PC was initially set up with Windows 10 Home, then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the MS website. The website shows the purchase on my account. When the PC was returned, they had replaced...
  3. Windows Activation After motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation After motherboard replacement: Good day After replacing my pc's motherboard I cannot activate windows anymore. Before the replacement it was working 100%, now all I get is errors. After troubleshooting > I changed hardware on this device I cannot find any other devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  4. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.: My ASUS ROG GU502G laptop recently had its motherboard replaced. Upon wiping it and setting it up for another user, I am unable to re-activate Windows 10 due to the old product key being used on the motherboard that was replaced. Is there any way to re-activate windows...
  5. Windows activation after motherboard replacement

Windows activation after motherboard replacement: I have a legitimate Windows licence. Some days ago I had to replace a motherboard and a processor. Now my Windows is in the status "Not activated." Please help me activate my Windows...
  6. Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced

Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced: I updated to Win 10 after 7/8 and things were great - then last week I had to replace my MoBo and now I cannot get the Win 10 to re-activate. My MS digital account does not show my Win 10 licence it does show my Office 365 subscription and an old Excel 2013 one and I think...
  7. Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement

Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement: I had a Windows 10 computer with a digital license that was linked to my Microsoft account. It was upgraded from a Windows 7 license. The motherboard of that PC had a defect so I had to throw it away. After that I removed that computer from the device list of my Microsoft...
  8. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....
  9. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement: My old PC failed so I put my hard drive into another PC. Upon booting I get a message to "Activate Windows". My original installation was done online so I don't have Product Key so how do I resolve this without having to buy a new copy?...
  10. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...