Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have recently had to install a new copy of Windows onto a new SSD as the old one was failing. BSOD everytime windows update was attempted - which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SentinelGhost, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.

Hi,I have recently had to install a new copy of Windows onto a new SSD as the old one was failing. BSOD everytime windows update was attempted - which I tracked down the cause to be - SSD failure.I had recieved the old copy of Windows from my Work's IT department. Unfortunatly I then moved jobs and although I had linked Windows to my Microsoft account I could not find the Licence key anywhere meaning that I couldn't reinstall Windows onto a different drive.So I bought a new digital license. Installed Windows Pro onto the new SSD.Unfortunately the previous Windows was the HOME edition.So now

:)

SentinelGhost, Aug 8, 2022

2. Install new copy of Windows 10 Ent edition

Hi,

I had a Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed on my PC with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account.

I just purchased a new PC and after creating the installation USB device to install a new copy, I have found out that Windows 10 Enterprise edition is not listed in the Windows 10 edition list available for installation.

I have choose the Windows 10 Pro N from the list and when I tried to activate it, I got an error that I don't have a license.

I can still see my previous PC listed with the Enterprise license in the Microsoft store linked to my account.

How can I download a new copy of Windows 10 Enterprise for a new hardware installation?

Regards.

YahavCarmel, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 8, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.

Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.

Hi Jfirusta

Reinstalling WIndows 10 should not affect activation or your licence . . .

Activation problems after re-installing Windows 10 is generally caused by installing a different edition (Home, Pro . . etc.) to the edition that was previously installed on that PC . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

Does the edition listed there, exactly match the previous edition?

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.

1. Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict. - Similar Threads - Activation SSD installed

2. windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation: I entered correct product key of my windows 10 Home edition for upgrade, to Pro. There is no error but it is not upgraded. After entering key it say its activated only. still I have not upgraded to Pro edition...
  3. windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation: I entered correct product key of my windows 10 Home edition for upgrade, to Pro. There is no error but it is not upgraded. After entering key it say its activated only. still I have not upgraded to Pro edition...
  4. windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.

Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.: Hi,I have recently had to install a new copy of Windows onto a new SSD as the old one was failing. BSOD everytime windows update was attempted - which I tracked down the cause to be - SSD failure.I had recieved the old copy of Windows from my Work's IT department....
  6. Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation after new SSD installed - Home Edition / Pro Edition Conflict.: Hi,I have recently had to install a new copy of Windows onto a new SSD as the old one was failing. BSOD everytime windows update was attempted - which I tracked down the cause to be - SSD failure.I had recieved the old copy of Windows from my Work's IT department....
  7. activation windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation windows 10 home edition: 1. how to activation windows 10 home edition 2. product key windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-10-home-edition/78786be1-6226-4f8e-88c1-d1aab004a6bb
  8. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...: I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in Windows for an entry tech certificate I'm currently studying, Since I'm on a tight budget, I purchased a Win 10 pro key...
  9. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  10. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...