Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after re-installing

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after re-installing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I am planning to re-install Windows 10. I want all my data to be deleted, so I am going to use the Media Creation Tool 2004, and create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pranaov S, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:27 AM.

1. Pranaov S Win User

Windows 10 activation after re-installing

Hello all,
    I am planning to re-install Windows 10. I want all my data to be deleted, so I am going to use the Media Creation Tool 2004, and create a bootable USB stick, then re-install Windows 10. But I have a doubt about the license.

I actually bought the laptop from a friend. I think he had re-installed Windows 10, as when I received it, it was fresh, but setup had been done and only one user account was created, no Microsoft account was linked.

When I bought it, I tried slmgr and confirmed that it was a real Windows 10 license, not any KMS activator.

I logged in with my Microsoft account later.

Now it is showing "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account". It is showing in the Microsoft Devices about my laptop and Windows is activated.

now my doubt is, if I re-install Windows 10 from the bootable USB Stick, and during the license verification step, if I click skip, and then log-in with my MicrosoftAccount as the administrator, will the license get detected and Windowswill get activated.

Points to be noted:
    1. I want to create an USB bootable stick only. I don't want to use other option in the Media Creation Tool.
    2. I haven't done any hardware change. When I bought the laptop about 9 months ago, I just increased my RAM from 16 GB to 32 GB and inserted and external HDD of 1 TB in the bay drive.

Hope you will help me. Thanks

:)

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 1, 2020 at 10:53 AM
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 activation question

do the upgrade
    it should activate automatically when online
    if you want todo a clean install after that simply boot from your windows 10 installation media and when prompted for a key during install/post install select skip ..
    it will re-activate within 5M of being online

4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 activation question

Mine finally did although it was about 6 or so hours after as it was saying failed to activate.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 activation after re-installing - Similar Threads - activation installing

2. is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick?: i downloaded windows media creation tool onto my usb-stick. my question now is, if i will install it on my new pc, do i have to activate windows with a key? if so, can i still use windows without having activated it, so just after installation? Muss man windows nach der...
  3. After Re-Installation, Windows 10 Home seems to activate properly, but when I try to...

After Re-Installation, Windows 10 Home seems to activate properly, but when I try to...: Hello, I have re-installed my Windows 10 Home, like I have done my times and it seems to activate on its own properly. A while back I purchase the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. I need to go to the store and install this manually since the purchase and it...
  4. INSTALL AND ACTIVATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALL AND ACTIVATION: DEAR at the time of system buying windows 8 home edition is geting, after 1 year it is updated to windows 10 home edition, present my system hardware HDD fail, i replace new HDD, which software i installed now windows 8 or windows 10, i have my product key please...
  5. Changed hardware - windows not activated - bought and installed a new copy - still not...

Changed hardware - windows not activated - bought and installed a new copy - still not...: Yesterday I upgraded my PC hardware Mobo, CPU, PSU, RAM, the works and Windows couldn't detect it was still the same system so it got deactivated. Last I checked my Windows license was connected to my Microsoft account so it should be possible to transfer it over but it...
  6. Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate

Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate: I bought my laptop online which had pre-installed genuine windows 10. It worked well for a few months but after that, it started showing "please activate your windows". I realize that I have a digital license and it should be activated automatically but it's not detecting no...
  7. Activating windows on 2 computers with 2 unique product keys and only 1 installation disk

Activating windows on 2 computers with 2 unique product keys and only 1 installation disk: I recently built my own PC, and activated windows on it. I bought an install disk that came with a license of it's own, and used that to activate windows successfully. I want to know whether or not it is possible to buy a second product key to use on a second system to...
  8. Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?: I recently built a new PC for software development purposes. Originally it was going to be a Linux box, but I can't decide on a distro. I saw this article today: [link] which shows they are making major progress on getting the GPU integration with WSL working - it sounds like...
  9. Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?: i’m going to start afresh with a new install of Windows on an SSD that i bought to replace my HDD. i already factory reset the PC so all that’s on the HDD is the OS and the stock applications so there’s no point me cloning the drive across. i still have my Windows 10 USB so...
  10. i am trying to install Active Directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i am trying to install Active Directory: I am trying to enable/Install the Active Directory for my client but I am receiving an error: 0x8024500c. I tried runn a string using PowerShell and Administrative console but none of the is working!...