Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Dell Ultrabook experienced a persistent boot issue that I couldn't recover from. I created a recovery disk on another Windows 10 computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarkHeuer2002, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer

My Windows 10 Dell Ultrabook experienced a persistent boot issue that I couldn't recover from. I created a recovery disk on another Windows 10 computer and used it to fix my Ultrabook. Now, I get a message that Windows 10 needs to be activated. When trying to activate, I get a message saying:

We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code 0xC004F012.

The Troubleshoot option does not fix the problem. Does using a recovery disk created on another computer copy the Windows license key from the computer from which the recovery disk was created? If so, is there a way to find the original Windows license key on my laptop? I received the computer from a relative when their corporation was downsized and it worked fine before the boot issue occurred. I don't have any paperwork with the license key.

:)

MarkHeuer2002, Jun 5, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows needs to format this disk

TestDisk

TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.

TestDisk can:
    Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
    Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
    Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
    Fix FAT tables
    Rebuild NTFS boot sector
    Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
    Fix MFT using MFT mirror
    Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
    Undelete files from FAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
    Copy files from deleted FAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.

TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis. Those more familiar with such procedures should find TestDisk a handy tool in performing onsite recovery.

This recovery example guides you through TestDisk step by step to recover a missing partition and repair a corrupted one.

I have not had to use it, but others have with good results, from want I have read.
    Goodluck.*Smile Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer :)

Edit:

I don't know if you have tried yet, but... did you try running Windows error checking on it with the fix options enabled?
    How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

95Viper, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Pinchy Win User
    XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer ;).

Pinchy, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer

1. Windows 10 activation after recovering windows with a recovery disk from another computer - Similar Threads - activation recovering recovery

2. Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action: Hello, I was using the File Recovery tool to recover a folder from my external hard drive E with below steps: 1- winfr E: C: /regular 2- "Ctrl+C" to cancel the process halfway through as I realized C drive did not have enough space 3- noted that my Drive C was missing...
  3. windows activation on another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation on another computer: hi friends, i want to deactivate windows from my laptop and activate on my new desktop pc . the windows on my laptop is purchaced from storecd . but i lost the original CD so what i need to do , pls help...
  4. Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc: Hello I updated my laptop this weekend from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Home). Everything seems to run fluently and I already made a back-up on a secondary internal HDD (for both the system and the files). I will copy those files to an external HDD to make sure I keep those...
  5. how do i create a recovery disk for my windows10 from another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i create a recovery disk for my windows10 from another computer: I recently dug out my hp Pavilion 6000 series windows 10 pro computer. I started it up it boots the BIOS, I get the windows Logo after a number of seconds it gives me the blue screen ( Windows encountered a problem, gathering some info and will restart) plus a Q-code. It...
  6. Windows 10 Professional activation after recovering from a strange crash

Windows 10 Professional activation after recovering from a strange crash: Hi guys. So, I have Windows 10 64bit Pro Retail (finnish). Normally I would be using Windows Home on my laptop, 64bit too. But my "gaming pc" / Desktop-PC has PSU issues, so I have been using the Professional version of windows on my laptop now. Until I get a new satisfying...
  7. Activating Windows after recovery

Activating Windows after recovery: I have and ASUS Laptop that I got from my deceased girlfriend that had Windows 10 Home upgrade on it. I also have a Windows 10 pro product key I had bought from best buy to install on my self built older computer witch is no longer operational. After I did a Recovery on my...
  8. windows activation message after moving disk drive to another laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows activation message after moving disk drive to another laptop: Hi, I had a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 installed from new. I was given a free upgrade to Windows 10 by Microsoft. That laptop died with a motherboard fault and I moved the disk to a Compaq laptop given to me by a relative. Now I get constant 'Activate Windows' messages....
  9. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.: Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro. I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds....
  10. Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive: How to: Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive How to 'Recover from a drive' to Reset Windows 10 [img] Information A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a system...