Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a brand new HP computer. I was having issues creating a VPN. I worked with a support person from the VPN software I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SeveringSea402, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter

Hello,

I have a brand new HP computer. I was having issues creating a VPN. I worked with a support person from the VPN software I was trying to install. After days of trial and error, the support person decided that it was something HP had installed that was blocking the install of my VPN software He suggested that the best thing for me to do was clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop. I decided to use the recovery partition on my computer to do the reinstall (versus downloading from Microsoft). The computer is not even a month old yet, so not much on there, so not a big loss if I did a recovery. This isn't my first rodeo doing a recovery, so things appeared to look normal. The clean install occurred. I wiped everything, didn't keep any files to be on the safe side. I went through set up and everything seemed to look ok. I was able to log in with my Microsoft Account info and get everything up and running. Everything appears fine on the surface. Windows update even ran a couple of updates. BUT.....when I go into my account info, there is a warning that my windows is not activated. It prompts me to go to activation, but when I go to that page in settings, there is nothing on the page. It just has the Activation header. There is no info, no troubleshooter.....nothing. I was able to get the product key using a key retriever, so the information is still on the hardware. How can I get this activated? I have gone through all the knowledge base stuff for activation, but nothing helps. One more thing that maybe effected the reinstall.....maybe not. When I had originally set up the laptop, HP had a bunch of driver updates on their end. I did update the bios. I am wondering with the laptops that have Windows 10 preinstalled, if the product key is tied to the original bios. If that is the case, would rolling back the bios perhaps help? I hate to roll back without knowing. I have no problem doing a reinstall, but I am afraid that I will be right back where I am. Let me know if you need any other information, but this is my issue in a nutshell. Thank you for any assistance you can give. Happy Holidays.

Charlene

:)

SeveringSea402, Dec 11, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Activation

Hi,

The error code 0x80072F8F usually means that the system settings is not properly set up. Since the Internet connection and the date and time is properly set up, we suggest running the Activation troubleshooter to further analyze what's causing
    the issue.

Kindly follow the steps below to use the troubleshooter:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Click Activation , and then select Troubleshoot.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to detect the issue and it will provide the appropriate fix for it.

Additionally, we suggest checking this article: Activation in Windows 10.
    Kindly check the Activating after reinstalling Windows 10
    tab for more information about the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter

1. Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Activation Reinstall Activation

2. Windows 10 Activation after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after reinstalling: I had installed Windows 10 inside VirtualBox in LinuxMint. While Installing at 1st step, I had used my genuine Windows 7 key and continued with process. once installation is completed with Local User account login I am able to see Windows 10 is activated with message “Windows...
  3. Windows 10 Activation after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation after reinstalling: I had installed Windows 10 inside VirtualBox in LinuxMint. While Installing at 1st step, I had used my genuine Windows 7 key and continued with process. once installation is completed with Local User account login I am able to see Windows 10 is activated with message “Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation: I recently brought Laptop HP EliteBook thru eBay from a reseller.On receipt, I was performing a full reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro using the media available from HP. In the middle of installation, it gives this message if the internet is connected "Sign-in with your XXXX...
  5. Activating Windows 10 after reinstall

Activating Windows 10 after reinstall: I have ACER Nitro 5 AN515-54 with Windows 10 Home Single Language OEM preinstalled. For about a couple of months ago I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from MS Store. Today I reinstalled my laptop since I have a problem with it and now I'm getting back the Windows 10 Home, not...
  6. Windows 10 activation after reinstall?

Windows 10 activation after reinstall?: I was having issues with my PC so I decided to do a fresh install of windows with a USB. During the setup, I selected "Do not have product key" Because it said my windows would carry over and activate. However after booting up, The Activate windows sign popped up in the...
  7. windows 10 activation after reinstallation

windows 10 activation after reinstallation: I have a Windows 10 PC with a failing hard drive (corrupted boot sector makes the file system unrecognizable). I have tried to repair the boot sector unsucessfully. I can run chkdsk to repair the drive, and it becomes readable and it scans as fine, but on reboot it reverts to...
  8. Activate windows 10 after reinstalling

Activate windows 10 after reinstalling: Hello guys, I upgraded my windows 7 to Windows 10 in 2016, using the free upgrade offer. Recently I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB drive and passed the installing using my old windows 7 product key. After finishing windows 10 installation, it doesn't activated. It should...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling

Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling: Hi, I'm using a laptop, wich has pre installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit version (activated with a digital license and I'm using a local account). My question is if I have to reinstall the same version of windows for some reason how can I reactivate it. should I switch to my...
  10. WIndows 10 activation after reinstallation

WIndows 10 activation after reinstallation: Hello guys :) I'm willing to reinstall Windows 10 to my ASUS laptop using Windows Media Creation Tool via an USB drive. My laptop came with Windows 10. In settings, it says that Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account. My question is,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 isnt finding my license after doing a complete reinstall

2. activate windows after reinstall