Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after switching hardware

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after switching hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I just got a new computer and I moved my ssd to it and now windows is not activated. On my previous computer windows was activated using a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bholcombe, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Bholcombe Win User

Windows 10 activation after switching hardware

Hi. I just got a new computer and I moved my ssd to it and now windows is not activated. On my previous computer windows was activated using a digital license that is linked to my Microsoft account. When I go to the activation troubleshooter and click I changed hardware recently, it just says the activation servers were busy and to try again later. I have tried this multiple times and it still hasn't worked. Anybody have any recommendations to fix this?

:)

Bholcombe, Dec 9, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 9, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 9, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activation after switching hardware - Similar Threads - activation switching hardware

2. 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware: 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware. I just installed a new M.2 SSD on a new pc. Previously had some problems on the pc so i installed the windwos on an old SSD and then after figuring out the problem just reinstalled on the new M.2 NVME SSD. Now...
  3. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Activating Windows After Hardware Switch: Today I switched out my motherboard and processor in my PC, but when I finally got it booted windows wasn't activated. I clicked on Troubleshoot and it responds with "We were not able to activate windows on this device." I've tried typing in my Product Key in the "Change...
  4. Trying to activate Windows 10 after switching hardware, cannot talk to an agent for support...

Trying to activate Windows 10 after switching hardware, cannot talk to an agent for support...: I am a single father, trying to finish up my last semester of college. I had a laptop that I got when I started school that has gotten too bogged down and slow to do my schoolwork with computer programming/cyber security. For Christmas, my little brother gave me his old...
  5. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change: I got a new motherboard and windows became unactivated. I don't have the product key and troubleshooting from settings isn't working. Is there some way it was or can be emailed to me?...
  6. Windows 10 will not activate after hardware change.

Windows 10 will not activate after hardware change.: I am getting a message on my desktop that says to activate Windows, but when I go to settings and try to activate it I get the following error: "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. you can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows....
  7. Activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I linked my Windows 10 Pro license to my Microsoft account before changing hardware, now that I have changed hardware I use the 'I recently changed hardware on this device' option. I login to my Microsoft account and select the linked license and it instantly tells me 'We...
  8. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change: Hi, I very recently build a new PC, kept my storage drives that I have windows 10 installed but I have noticed that It is no longer activated with error code 0xC004C003, after going through the support on the site it seemed like it would be a quick call to customer support to...
  9. Windows 10 activation after change hardware

Windows 10 activation after change hardware: hello , the license no longer works after changing the motherboard , error 0x803fa067 ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-after-change-hardware/cede56be-68be-423c-84f2-d4e5c81a4560"
  10. Activate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hello! I recently changed the motherboard in my PC, and I am unable to activate the computer. I've used this license before (upgraded from being a windows insider a few years ago), and I have changed components before without issue. I go through the troubleshooting...