Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently using a 2nd generation Intel processor, Intel Core i3-2100, along with its corresponding motherboard and memory 2 sticks of 1333mhz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KingRichard22, May 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components

Hi,

I am currently using a 2nd generation Intel processor, Intel Core i3-2100, along with its corresponding motherboard and memory 2 sticks of 1333mhz 4gb. Recently, I have saved enough money and have decided to upgrade all of the components to the latest available on the market to build a PC that would be able to run the latest software and games. The windows 10 operating system I'm currently using in the old PC is already activated, I am worried that I might lose the said license after changing the motherboard, processor and memory, I am planning to add a SSD to speed up to Windows boot up.

Is there a way to either transfer the windows activation from the old pc to the new one or activate the windows of the new pc I'm building?. Appreciate it if you can help me out cause I am buying the components the next few days.

:)

KingRichard22, May 25, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 25, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 25, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components

1. Windows 10 Activation after upgrade of some components - Similar Threads - Activation upgrade components

2. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 not activated after upgrade: I recently installed Windows 10 on my surface pro 3. The device had been sitting in a drawer since 2015, thought I could make use of it again. I upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 pro, as I much prefer Windows 10. It is now telling me my OS is not activated. Are you able to...
  3. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 not activated after upgrade: I recently installed Windows 10 on my surface pro 3. The device had been sitting in a drawer since 2015, thought I could make use of it again. I upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 pro, as I much prefer Windows 10. It is now telling me my OS is not activated. Are you able to...
  4. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  6. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  7. WIndows 10 activation after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 activation after upgrade: I have an older dell computer that had windows 8.1. When upgrading from 8.1 to 10 the upgrade would fail when almost finished every time I tried. I got it to install by reformatting the drive and installing windows 10, however when it is installed now, it is not activated....
  8. Windows 10 Activation after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after upgrade: Hey so I bought a copy of Windows 10 as well as some upgrades to my computer during Black Friday weekend. I changed my OS from Windows 7 to 10 and after that was all set I swapped my hardware. Now I'm being told that my product key is being used on another device and I can't...
  9. .Net ActiveX component failing after Windows 10 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net ActiveX component failing after Windows 10 1903 upgrade: My company has written a couple of .Net ActiveX components that have been running just fine for several years. The components are written in C# and are dependent on .Net 4.5, but run okay on newer versions of .Net, including .Net 4.8. Recently, we have had customer...
  10. BSOD happening randomly after upgrading some components

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening randomly after upgrading some components: Hello. I recently upgraded some of my components (everything except my PSU and GPU) and I've been getting these random BSOD crashes. They happen while just sitting browsing the internet, watching Twitch etc and once while gaming. I ran some stress tests, Prime 95, Memtest86,...