Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after upgrading hardware, don't have product key.

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after upgrading hardware, don't have product key. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgrading some parts in my self built PC. I originally built it in 2013 I think, and I purchased an OEM windows back then. Since, I've lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MykalLee, May 26, 2020.

1. MykalLee Win User

Windows 10 activation after upgrading hardware, don't have product key.

I recently upgrading some parts in my self built PC. I originally built it in 2013 I think, and I purchased an OEM windows back then. Since, I've lost the box that had the product key and also did the online upgrade to Windows 10. When I upgraded the parts I did not get my key off my PC before upgrading. Will I be able to activate windows now without purchasing a new copy? I kinda can't afford $140 lol.

:)

MykalLee, May 26, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation after upgrading hardware, don't have product key. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 26, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, May 26, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activation after upgrading hardware, don't have product key. - Similar Threads - activation upgrading hardware

2. product key needed after hardware upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key needed after hardware upgrade?: I do not have the original product key this was a store-bought computer from over 15 years ago. This is the second time I've upgraded my Hardware from the originally purchased computer. I had no issues after the first hardware upgrade.I've already gone to Home >Settings...
  3. product key needed after hardware upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key needed after hardware upgrade?: I do not have the original product key this was a store-bought computer from over 15 years ago. This is the second time I've upgraded my Hardware from the originally purchased computer. I had no issues after the first hardware upgrade.I've already gone to Home >Settings...
  4. product key needed after hardware upgrade?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi there,So I have this nice gaming PC and I'm planning to upgrade some of its hardware next month MoBo, CPU and SSD. I bought W10 from an online retailer back in 2016 and they shipped a small blue box with an activation key inside but I've moved twice to different apartments...
  6. W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi there,So I have this nice gaming PC and I'm planning to upgrade some of its hardware next month MoBo, CPU and SSD. I bought W10 from an online retailer back in 2016 and they shipped a small blue box with an activation key inside but I've moved twice to different apartments...
  7. W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades: I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses. I have one PC that failed to acquire its License last year when I updated its hardware. I just ignored the messages since I only used it occasionally. Now I have replaced the...
  9. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades: I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses. I have one PC that failed to acquire its License last year when I updated its hardware. I just ignored the messages since I only used it occasionally. Now I have replaced the...
  10. Windows 10 don't activate after Hardware Upgrade

Windows 10 don't activate after Hardware Upgrade: I tried the Troubleshooting. Selected " I changed hardware on this device recently" It finds the device I'm in, I select and click Next. Unable to Activate Windows on this Device. Try Again Later. I also already linked my Microsoft Account to my Windows Account before the...