Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 Home on this tower for years. Recently I got a message that Windows needed to be activated. After looking into it I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richardsalogub, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise

I have been running Windows 10 Home on this tower for years. Recently I got a message that Windows needed to be activated. After looking into it I noticed that the version had switched from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise. I was told by Microsoft support to reinstall Windows and that I would have the option to keep my files and apps. I created a bootable Windows 10 usb. I boot the tower and then run as admin the setup on the usb.

When I get to the Choose what to keep screen, the only radio button available is Nothing. The other two Keep Personal files and apps and Keep personal files only are greyed out. I really don't want to loose everything. What can I do? This is really NOT an upgrade, I just want to get back to Windows 10 Home. I did use a prior restore point and that seemed to fix the issue but then after a few hours the issue returned.

:)

richardsalogub, Nov 3, 2020
  2. GAStarr Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise activation key

I upgraded Window 10 Home to Enterprise to enable Remote Desktop. I cannot find and activation key for the Enterprise version. Suggestions?

GAStarr, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise

What is CURRENT Version of Windows 10 Enterprise Volume ?

From my My Visual Studio Enterprise subscription. I use MAK keys to activate Enterprise.

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019)

• Info

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    *Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    *Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

*Windows 10 Pro, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate that edition.

Released: 7/16/2019
    SHA256: 7836E1F9C293BA63976A18DC20D7C589080E538102853E844C5BBDB527306554
    File name: en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1903_updated_july_2019_x64_dvd_97049592.iso

alphanumeric, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise

1. Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise - Similar Threads - activation version switched

2. activation error switching from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation error switching from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education: Windows 10 Home came pre-installed on my laptop.I recently downloaded Windows 10 Education from the university I attend.The W10 Education would not activate - stated invalid keyNow my original W10 Home is kicking an error that the activation key is invalid.Any ideas how to...
  3. Windows 10 home activation from 10 enterprise

Windows 10 home activation from 10 enterprise: So, I bought a hp laptop with windows 10. I was roaming around the internet and accidentally corrupted my pc with a virus which destroyed all my data. Took it to a local **** who installed a 10 enterprise instead. Its not activated anymore and is showing a ACTIVATE WINDOWS...
  4. Windows 10 Home randomly switched to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home randomly switched to Enterprise: I had bought a legit windows 10 home key and had put it in the night before for my new pc and well i was messing around with settings in bios. after it had crashed and the next time it started it up i turned off the setting that made it crash but than my windows 10 home...
  5. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2: i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-changed-from-home-to-enterprise-after/d3d016fa-a347-4a2c-be82-f1b5dc4ffd86
  6. Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Hello, I wish to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise edition to Home, and I've been looking at some forums regarding the topic. However, they all seem to state that a clean installation is required. Is there a way to avoid having to completely clean my PC in order to do this...
  7. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  8. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue: I have upgraded my Windows Home 10 edition to an Enterprise Edition and now I am being told the original version was not activated. This is incorrect but I need to know how to fix this problem as I cannot activate the newer version without the old version being activated. I...
  9. Windows 10 no longer activated after upgrading from Home to Pro version

Windows 10 no longer activated after upgrading from Home to Pro version: Hello, I purchased a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition. As this laptop is for work, I need to access my company's servers and for this I was told I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I did this via Windows Settings that took me to the Microsoft...
  10. Is it possible to switch from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home Without Losing Data?

Is it possible to switch from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home Without Losing Data?: I have a specific kind of files that are incompatible when I try to run them from a different computer using a different version of windows, Is it possible to upgrade from windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 home version without losing any data I have on any of the computers?...